8 replies to this topic

#1 SPAZO6969

SPAZO6969

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:29 PM

grr.gif muhaha.gif Hey wassup everybody,
It's a sad day today for some of us whom come to find out about the Banning Wave only to go and boot their consoles up to find out they've been banned from XBOX LIVE. I too, have been banned. Unfortunately I can not report today as to what was the last game played on my console because there are a few people at home that plays on my console even when i'm not home; however, I can say this, all of my "back-ups" are made using XBOX BACK-UP CREATOR V2.6 ripped on a Samsung SH162 flashed with the Kreon firmware, and then burned on a Pioneer 111-D with ImgBurn, It's a typical common setup, I make my back-ups this way to ensure i'm not downloading a poorly stealthed game through bitorrents-you just really never know what you're getting through bitorrents; there might be ways of scanning the back-ups downloaded through bitorrents, i'm a bit more comfortable with my set up. Anyway, earlier today while at work I decided to call the hated
Microsoft Customer Service to just ask random questions to them and "act" like a consumer that knows nothing about the MOD world or piracy. So I'm on the phone with them being argumentative that my console has not been tampered with and my games are legit games-why am I banned? They gave me such bullcrap run-around stories, then I kicked the agent in the head with this question, "What exactly is Microsoft scanning and finding in the consoles that is red flagging XBOX LIVE to ban consoles?" Now I really don't know how true the answer is, but none the less, the answer that I got from the agent at XBOX's customer service xbox live support told me, "There servers has been updated recently with new software to detect consoles that has original firmwares tampered with." Now i'm second guessing that just a few days ago when xbox live was down for their maintenance period, they might of been installing this alleged firmware detecting software, it is a possibility, so lets not rule that out. So now we just need to be alot more attentative and alert to any and all alleged updates MS does on LIVE. Also, upon hearing that statement the agent said to me, I wonder now are they detecting the firmware? xboxscene has updated their reporting that MS is not detecting the firmware and it is a possible issue with the games not being properly stealthed. With that statement that I've gotten, make no mistake about it, we really need to double check the fact that it is possible they are now detecting the IXTREME firmware, just think about it like this, Bill Gates and his henchmen has millions of dollars to spend on researching ways to protect their investment while the modding community has little or no money at all. Also, the modding community unfortunately puts out there the softwares that are used to make stealthed back ups at any ones ability to obtain, doesn't anyone realize that the boys back at MS have these stealth making softwares as well and know how the back ups are made therefore they create firmware detecting softwares to get around all this? Right now we can only pray that the geniousous on our side can come up with new methods of madness to screw MS over again.
For all my fellow modders and banned victims, it is a hit to us all, but we must not give up the fight at all.
Do console swap outs if you have to, do what ever it takes, but never give up, never surrender, fight to the death through blood, sweat and tears......
.....Amen!!!!

#2 Obveron

Obveron

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

dude, you already posted your giant paragraph in the ban thread. so why did you also start this thread?
lockdown in 3-2-1................

#3 SPAZO6969

SPAZO6969

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:55 PM

first time im on the xbox scene forums and wasn't sure if my first posting got posted.

#4 nightmare84j28

nightmare84j28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:56 PM

Did you know your keyboard has a return key?

It looks like this :

IPB Image

Try using it when you post!

#5 makavelif50

makavelif50

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:01 PM

Why do people bother with running hacked firmware? If your really worried about your xbox scratching your originals and you are running "back ups" ask yourself this what is more expensive? buying another copy of the game if it happened to get scratched to the point where it is unreadable. Or buying a whole new xbox because yours is banned on xbox live? If you are one of the few who really just back up their originals i would suggest you think twice. For the rest who run "back ups" you need to get a job and just buy the games or rent them.

#6 Devedander

Devedander

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(makavelif50 @ Nov 21 2007, 11:37 PM) View Post

Why do people bother with running hacked firmware? If your really worried about your xbox scratching your originals and you are running "back ups" ask yourself this what is more expensive? buying another copy of the game if it happened to get scratched to the point where it is unreadable. Or buying a whole new xbox because yours is banned on xbox live? If you are one of the few who really just back up their originals i would suggest you think twice. For the rest who run "back ups" you need to get a job and just buy the games or rent them.

I would guess that depends on how many games you own and how anal you are about scratches slowing down your loading and what not.

5 games = 1 XBox 360 Arcade

And when you buy another xbox your first isn't completely useless... you can still play games (and I think still syslink) and use it as an MCE... just no more live... so it's not like you loose 100% of your investment in it.

Edited by Devedander, 21 November 2007 - 11:20 PM.

#7 makavelif50

makavelif50

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(Devedander @ Nov 21 2007, 06:54 PM) View Post

I would guess that depends on how many games you own and how anal you are about scratches slowing down your loading and what not.

5 games = 1 XBox 360 Arcade

And when you buy another xbox your first isn't completely useless... you can still play games (and I think still syslink) and use it as an MCE... just no more live... so it's not like you loose 100% of your investment in it.

yes that is true. But if playing just one back up and it gets you banned is that 1 game worth 1 xbox arcade? how often do xbox 360 scratch disks? I have had my premium for about a year now and it hasnt scratched one of my games. Well your right its not completely useless when you get banned but its useless on live and live is such a huge part of 360 games now live is what keeps you playing them. I just dont really see the point in it if your xbox 360 gets banned from live. It doesnt matter much to me my 360 is safe i guess until i get the RROD

#8 Unkn

Unkn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:51 PM

(Back on topic)
I think c4eva's live log pretty much made that possibility invalid. So yes, this thread is pointless.

#9 xmugen360

xmugen360

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:59 PM

I mean call me crazy but if somehow someone got certain keys/access/credentials if we determined the server names then remoted in we could at least see what apps on the server they are running to detect this stuff...

It would be highly illegal....but from there we could form a defense...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users