6h05T_R1d3R

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:51 PM

i read a million times here that ban info is not stored on the hard drive but has anyone with real experience had their hard drive on another console that was modded and gotten their honestly untouched console banned or is everyone fine?

please only respond if you honestly have experience with this and not just speculation
thanks for your time

#2 tef89

tef89

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:21 PM

when my console was banned (last time around) I bought a new core and would swop the hdd between the two (one for online and the other for offline obviously). My online new core was only used for originals but after some time I started to worry so I began using a new hdd for my online new core.

So I can partially answer your question that I have run the same hdd for a period of time between the two (banned/unbanned) systems without issue up until about 2 months ago when I started using a totally fresh hdd.

Hope that helps a little.

Edited by tef89, 22 November 2007 - 03:22 PM.

#3 Neo1607

Neo1607

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:25 PM

From what i hear the ban applys to your consoles serial number, it has nothing to do with the hard drive

#4 cheatmaster407

cheatmaster407

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

i got the key i cant get banned if i dont have updates right well theres something messed with my 360 because i dont get updates that's crazy but i do use wireless but not taking the risk plz someone tell me if its safe

#5 Neo1607

Neo1607

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:02 PM

Updates have nothing to do with getting banned, microsoft scan your 360 to check for something (not sure what it is) and if the value is wrong you get banned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users