• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 toolish22

toolish22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:09 PM

I may have found a way either around the bans or not to get banned at all on xbox live. When you are modding your firmware and have the dvd-drive connected to your cpu motherboard you are still able to play the games even though the dvd-rom is not connected to the xbox motherboard. My theory is that if it is connected to your cpu then xbox live wouldnt now what it was looking for. I havent been able to test this yet but it may work since you are not using the xbox motherboard to run the games.

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:19 PM

gotta laugh at the amount of theories come out everytime a banhammer turns up..

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:20 PM

And what happens when it runs a simple data check and response?
it receives back info different to the parameters it expects and you get banned.

#4 toolish22

toolish22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

maybe im crazy but i think it will work once i get home im going to test it and see what happense and let everyone know.

if im going to get banned anyways its worth a shot

#5 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:37 PM

It won't work. Don't waste your time.

#6 Quirrel

Quirrel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:24 PM

I found a way too.

I raise my 360 on a small platform above a basin of water. I pass ultrasonic waves through the water which cause mild vibrations in the platform which is then mixed into the information that M$ collect. It confuses their database and makes them see me as a a Falcon fresh out of the box.

Worked for me so far. Give t a go.

#7 ewok666

ewok666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(Quirrel @ Nov 23 2007, 12:00 AM) View Post

I found a way too.

I raise my 360 on a small platform above a basin of water. I pass ultrasonic waves through the water which cause mild vibrations in the platform which is then mixed into the information that M$ collect. It confuses their database and makes them see me as a a Falcon fresh out of the box.

Worked for me so far. Give t a go.

I have not been banned so far and here's my theory:

My Xbox 360 is standing on its faceplate. The network port is facing up and the cable is running 3 meters up the wall. Now my theory is that the detection packets are larger than the normal Xbox Live packets. Therefore they MUST be heavier and are now unable to make it to the router! Works a treat!!!

If you are using wireless I suggest you get a very fine filter (from an aquarium shop) and wrap it arount your wireless antenna. Clearly the detection packets are going to be BIGGER as they travel through air and the filter will hold them back! Worth a try....

Now if I do get banned....not to worry: I will simply rub out my serial number and write a new one on the Xbox sticker. That way the Xbox should transmit a new ID back to MS and I will be unbanned instantly.

All of the above procedures come without any warranty and if, while trying them out, you die laughing it's not my fault!

Cheers

Edited by ewok666, 22 November 2007 - 11:41 PM.

#8 (c)S

(c)S

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(ewok666 @ Nov 22 2007, 06:16 PM) View Post

I have not been banned so far and here's my theory:

My Xbox 360 is standing on its faceplate. The network port is facing up and the cable is running 3 meters up the wall. Now my theory is that the detection packets are larger than the normal Xbox Live packets. Therefore they MUST be heavier and are now unable to make it to the router! Works a treat!!!

If you are using wireless I suggest you get a very fine filter (from an aquarium shop) and wrap it arount your wireless antenna. Clearly the detection packets are going to be BIGGER as they travel through air and the filter will hold them back! Worth a try....

[u]

Oh wow, well let me share my secret for not getting banned or unbanning a system. Now when they ban your system they consider it a "dirty" system (term for banned modded consoles). So with that said, i just got some TIDE laundry detergent and cleaned my 360 inside out. The cpu, gpu and ram memory chips were doused in bleach as well, for that white clean look. Now my system isn't dirty any more and can access xbox live NP.Now all of my games smell spring time fresh when they come out the 360.BONUS! ohmy.gif

If they begin to ban IP's as a added prevention. Just wrap your modem around a freshly washed towel (must be washed w/TIDE & bleach alternative) and sprinkle some fabric softener for added LIVE security and POOF, you are online all clean and sparkling. smile.gif please dont tell M$ my lil secret for ban prevention/dismissing happy.gif
(*the new towel trick!!*)

I Do not take responsibility for those BRAVE enuff to attempt this.Actually would be idiotic, not brave... lol

Edited by (c)S, 23 November 2007 - 12:07 AM.

#9 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:07 AM

enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic