Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:06 PM

Replace Keyvault Unbans Xbox 360 *update*
Posted by XanTium | November 22 17:06 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Legueux of gx-mod.com informed us that Zouzzz managed to unban his Xbox 360 console from LIVE on their forums by swapping the keyvault of his banned Xbox360 with the keyvault of another (not banned) Xbox 360.
However it's not something that everyone out there can do (yet) as you'll need your CPU key (via Hypervisor Exploit and if you got banned it means you're on the latest kernel so you'll need to perform the 'Timing Attack' to downgrade first). You'll also need all the tools to read/flash your Xbox 360 NAND (with the Infectus chip for example).

Here are the things he tried:
* downgrade banned 5787 PAL to 4532 NTSC U, updated again to 5787 via HD. Still banned.
* downgrade banned 5787 PAL to 1888 PAL, updated again to 5787 via HD. Still banned.
* Patched his original 1888 PAL dump with the last number of the Xbox 360 serial in the keyvault (location A0 to AB) changed. Still banned.
* Patched his original 1888 PAL dump with the all the numbers of the Xbox 360 serial in the keyvault changed. Still banned.
* Replaced the full keyvault in his original 1888 PAL dump of the banned console with a keyvault of an unbanned console. Connected to LIVE OK, updated to latest kernel online OK, still connects fine to LIVE.

*update* Zouzzz posted a video showing his banned console and how it'll connect fine to LIVE again after he flashes the console with his 1888 dump with patched keyvault of an unbanned console.

It's a bit like the Xbox1 EEPROM 'hack' ... except that (at least for now) it's much harder to perform yourself on Xbox360.

More Info: gueux-forum.net (french) | xboxhacker.net

#2 echto

echto

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:32 PM

WOW. Stick a fork in that Turkey! Its done!

beerchug.gif

#3 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:34 PM

beat me to it.. but..

WOW.

#4 halo_kingslayer

halo_kingslayer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:39 PM

up yours M$! tongue.gif

#5 kidshenlong

kidshenlong

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Manga and Gaming
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

Nice Going mate, can't wait for the process to become easier. that'll be sweet biggrin.gif

#6 Venom_

Venom_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:46 PM

hackers 3 microsoft 1

#7 Gmc

Gmc

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:51 PM

Pretty cool but alot of work for what it is smile.gif

#8 nishu

nishu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:54 PM

It seems like it would be pretty easy for MS to just ban your Live account itself as a workaround to this workaround. Then you'd just be out $50 and whatever achievements, friends, etc. are tied to your account.

#9 g8crapachino

g8crapachino

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:58 PM

If you followed the logic then this technique doesn't stop you from being banned again. The technique basically clones the key from an unbanned console. If Microsoft eventually bans that new key then it means both consoles get banned at the same time. Think about it.

#10 pirichios

pirichios

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:03 AM

wow....
and on thanksgiving tongue.gif
QUOTE(nishu @ Nov 23 2007, 01:30 AM) View Post

It seems like it would be pretty easy for MS to just ban your Live account itself as a workaround to this workaround. Then you'd just be out $50 and whatever achievements, friends, etc. are tied to your account.

they never quite did that with the xbox 1.... so who knows if they will implement it this time around

Edited by pirichios, 23 November 2007 - 12:06 AM.

#11 polakis

polakis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:14 AM

So guys where can we find a keyvault of an unbanned console?

How quick can they ban a console? I will unban my console every time i get banned. Which means Every 5-6 months. No one is banned right away. All the bannings are close to a dashboard update...

Edited by polakis, 23 November 2007 - 12:20 AM.

#12 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:15 AM

Kudos for working it out and actually doing it, but since you need the details from an unbanned console, what good will it do? The other console is going to be yours too, right? If so, then just do as we did with the Xbox and keep one console unmodified and mod another one for your backups. You'll always keep your Live account as only originals will be used online.

#13 SharkSmile X

SharkSmile X

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:17 AM

NOW, I WANNA SEE THE FACES OF THAT SMART*SSES WHO SAID/SAY "There is no way to unban Xbox 360, that impossible, banned consoles are screwed". Well, i knew with all my heart that this day would come. THE VERY FIRST STEP TO UNBAN THE BANNED CONSOLES! Cheers everyone!

Edit for Martinchris23: Martinchris, you can buy that information from people who won't be using their consoles on Live/ people aren't interestend in Live in future. Like the they did in Xbox 1 era.

Edited by SharkSmile X, 23 November 2007 - 12:19 AM.

#14 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE(SharkSmile X @ Nov 22 2007, 11:53 PM) View Post

NOW, I WANNA SEE THE FACES OF THAT SMART*SSES WHO SAID/SAY "There is no way to unban Xbox 360, that impossible, banned consoles are screwed". Well, i knew with all my heart that this day would come. THE VERY FIRST STEP TO UNBAN THE BANNED CONSOLES! Cheers everyone!

Edit for Martinchris23: Martinchris, you can buy that information from people who won't be using their consoles on Live/ people aren't interestend in Live in future. Like the they did in Xbox 1 era.

I accept that it may be possible, however the Live experience on the original Xbox is nothing near as good as the 360 one. So many people use Xbox Live on the 360 without actually realising it! If someone wanted to buy the unbanned details of my 360, it would cost them a pretty penny.

You can pick up 360's for the cost of 3 games (2 games if you just want the console). Given the fact that you'll never need to worry about being banned again, I think it's a fair tradeoff.

Martin

#15 nco2k

nco2k

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE(SharkSmile X @ Nov 23 2007, 12:53 AM) View Post

and they are still right. rolleyes.gif

there is no way to unban the console without a valid key! he replaced a banned key with an unbanned key... whats the big deal? sleeping.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users