• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mike99

mike99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:54 AM

i have got a via VT6421 PCMCIA sata card for my laptop, it is recognised in windows and iprep and i can prepare my usb flash drive perfectly to flash my ms25 with ixtreme 1.3. but when it comes to dumping the original firmware in dos all i get is:

drive scanned:
1. IDE sec master

when i hit 1 i get:

port 170, master/slave: a0

then nothing.

i have tried switching the xbox off and waiting 10 seconds etc. but nothing works. has anyone else been able to flash a drive from a laptop? any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 milamber

milamber

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE(mike99 @ Nov 23 2007, 10:30 AM) View Post

i have got a via VT6421 PCMCIA sata card for my laptop, it is recognised in windows and iprep and i can prepare my usb flash drive perfectly to flash my ms25 with ixtreme 1.3. but when it comes to dumping the original firmware in dos all i get is:

drive scanned:
1. IDE sec master

when i hit 1 i get:

then nothing.

i have tried switching the xbox off and waiting 10 seconds etc. but nothing works. has anyone else been able to flash a drive from a laptop? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sweet, the first guinea pig with a VIA PCMCIA card! biggrin.gif

Try this: With Xbox on and PC at DOS prompt, type your command (I assume you're using mtkflash?) hit enter then IMMEDIATELY turn Xbox off, then press 1 and wait 2-3 seconds then turn Xbox back on - it should read straight away. Then after you make your hacked firmware (I did it in Windows after first checking my orig.bin in Firmware Toolbox 4.5) use the same method for writing. None of the "10 second trick" stuff worked for me - I had to use this guide. The relevant info is about halfway down.

There are a number of others wanting to flash using a laptop so I really hope this works for you.
Please let us know how it goes.

Good luck! smile.gif

#3 mike99

mike99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:15 PM

just tried to flash it by your method and still nothing. is it recognising my drive? because even when i don't have the xbox connected i get the same selection. the sata card has 2 ports, i have tried both and it just sits at port 170, master/slave: a0.

#4 BenieUK

BenieUK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:53 PM

I tried this months ago for months with not luck sad.gif

I got the VIA PCMCI, the problem is you need to load drivers and socket services in dos for the card to work in dos or you will get nowhere...

I think the drive port its finding is your hard disk or dvd rom thats in your laptop NOT your xbox...

#5 milamber

milamber

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(mike99 @ Nov 23 2007, 10:30 AM) View Post

drive scanned:
1. IDE sec master

when i hit 1 i get:

then nothing.

Yeah, I missed that at first read. I've been following a couple other threads with folks wanting to use a PCMCIA card to flash their drives and got a bit excited, I guess!

#6 mike99

mike99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:41 PM

im gonna try and have a look and see if i can find the drivers for my laptop (acer 5020)

#7 mike99

mike99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

would getting a blaster 360 help at all? or does it still require the flashing to be done in DOS?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users