• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Scampa

Scampa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 08:58 PM

is there a way of telling which chip is fitted, basically I wanna check and see that what I paid for is what I got smile.gif

#2 AkumAPRIME

AkumAPRIME

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 09:01 PM

you could open the box and compare the chip you see to pics on the tutorial page

#3 Scampa

Scampa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 09:17 PM

Good idea but the problem with that is it has warrenty stickers on from the shop who chipped it so dont want to invalidate the warrenty

#4 AkumAPRIME

AkumAPRIME

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 09:23 PM

Thats funny
They invalidated the MS warrenty and your frain of ruining theres. vali dI guess. Well, I dont now any other way. You may be able to use your dash to see what chip you have some how. What chip is supposed to be in there and what bios was flashed and what dash are you using?

#5 dmack_901

dmack_901

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:N/A
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:24 AM

Well it won't matter anyway. If something does break and you send it to MS they will find the mod chip and you will be busted.

#6 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:26 AM

Just break the damn seals and find out. Quit being such a pussy (seriously)

#7 LinksAwakening

LinksAwakening

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:39 AM

Or use Bios Checker 2.0.8 .

It can't tell you EXACTLY what chip you're running, but it can tell you what kind (i.e... 29 wire, LPC, Flashed TSOP) of device it's booting from, which will give you an idea of whether or not it is the right chip.

It will also tell you exactly what Bios you are running.

#8 roar

roar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Scampa @ Jun 7 2003, 10:17 PM)
Good idea but the problem with that is it has warrenty stickers on from the shop who chipped it so dont want to invalidate the warrenty

Oh that's priceless and when you take it back to them for repair and they won't support you because you broke their seals you simply make an annoymous call to your friends at the bsa and you'll feel much better. That's ballsy of them. Open the damn thing up, you have a right to know.

#9 Scampa

Scampa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 04:06 AM

Thanks for your replys kinda unexpected but hey smile.gif

It should have the executer 2 lite chip inside

The only reason I'm saying this is cause when I first got home and booted it up on the first MS Xbox screen were it says MS under the x box symbol it said matrix inside

Since then I have updated the evox and it now says MS again

By what I can tell the matrix chip is more restrictive then the executer 2, but I can do everything which it currently should do.

I bought this xbox ready chipped from a shop they have been going some time, have a farely good name esp to sort probs out, hence why I dont wanna break the seals because I think they would sort it out if the xbox packed in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users