popothemailman

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:03 AM

I have an error code E 74 which is one flashing red light. When i called xbox they told me i needed to pay 100 to get my xbox repaired. However, if i have a 3 flashing red light error code then the repair is free. So what do i have to do the the POS to get the 3 flashing red?

Thanks,
F*** M$

#2 popothemailman

popothemailman

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:24 AM

Well I now plan on buying a new xbox 360 and swapping it with the broken one and return it. The broken 360 serial # is registered under my name and they have my address and stuff, should i be worried?

#3 H&ck3r

H&ck3r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE(popothemailman @ Nov 27 2007, 05:00 AM) View Post

Well I now plan on buying a new xbox 360 and swapping it with the broken one and return it. The broken 360 serial # is registered under my name and they have my address and stuff, should i be worried?

Obviousy, Fraud will get you locked up and traces of this is not clever, Think about it.

You return your console and someone trys to register the console they brought new, **Alarm bells start ringing at M$** they may report your console as being stolen so something and you willl get charged for fraud, have a criminal record, won't be able to get a job, meaning you will have to sell your xbox 360 for food money, not worth it mate.

#4 (c)S

(c)S

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE(popothemailman @ Nov 26 2007, 10:00 PM) View Post

I think there is a rule about suggesting/talking/etc about defrauding the retail store with switching the internals for yours. Well if they do send it back to M$ and its found that its registered to you, there is nothing that happenes on their behalf (as of yet). But you are ripping off the store you did that too.

I highly doubt you are the only 1 who came up with the idea to do so and many more ding the samething will only hurt you geographic enviroment retail wise. Buisness looses money, people get laid off, then next thing you know,your town is a desolate worthless piece of crap town which no1 wants to know about becasue crime has risen due to unemployment. All this becasue you wanted to get over on the "MAN" from big buisness.

This is not only ILLEGAL but very embarrasing when caught.To me it sounds like you live at home and will be getting in trouble from your parents.Stores have been checkig for such defrauding acts and are pressing charges against such people. I don't reccomend this bvut a person will do what thye want to do anyways. Have a nice day you leech of society!! grr.gif

QUOTE(H&ck3r @ Nov 26 2007, 10:11 PM) View Post

You return your console and someone trys to register the console they brought new, **Alarm bells start ringing at M$** they may report your console as being stolen so something and you willl get charged for fraud, have a criminal record, won't be able to get a job, meaning you will have to sell your xbox 360 for food money, not worth it mate.

When i read this i was LMAO, but its soo true.You never know now and days. A person can get away with a bit but eventually shit rolls down hill and catches up to you. Well either way, he's gonna have to sell his 360. They dont allow that in prison and he's gonna need cigarettes for trade and money for beef sticks,coffee and phone calls...LMFAO!!!!

Edited by (c)S, 27 November 2007 - 03:49 AM.

#5 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:54 AM

You should probably have taken the hint when your first thread asking exactly the same thing was closed. Its against the rules to talk about stuff like this on XS and apart from that what you're suggesting doing is just outright wrong.

Edited by sabbath_dude, 27 November 2007 - 03:56 AM.

#6 popothemailman

popothemailman

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:30 AM

how a 360 translates into the defacing of an economy is beyond me. It is a bit hypocritical for someone who mods xbox's to speak of businesses losing money when you are the one infringing on the copyright law when you burn games(don't deny this or else you wouldn't have a mod to begin with). Don't you think that for every game you copy that is money lost to the company that makes the game. Oh that means that the company is going to have to layoff workers, that will then turn to crime and ruin society.
BTW im not swapping my xbox. I talked to another person from M$ and told them that it has the ROD, they are now going to repair the xbox for free. but wait... it really doesn't have the ROD so they are gonna replace it when they shouldn't... oh no M$ just lost money from my 360, they just might lay people off because of this and they will then turn to crime.

When America's economy falls i guess im the cause because i didnt want to pay $100 to repair a faulty item that was sold to me.

Edited by popothemailman, 27 November 2007 - 04:31 AM.

#7 Devedander

Devedander

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE(popothemailman @ Nov 27 2007, 05:06 AM) View Post

how a 360 translates into the defacing of an economy is beyond me. It is a bit hypocritical for someone who mods xbox's to speak of businesses losing money when you are the one infringing on the copyright law when you burn games(don't deny this or else you wouldn't have a mod to begin with). Don't you think that for every game you copy that is money lost to the company that makes the game. Oh that means that the company is going to have to layoff workers, that will then turn to crime and ruin society.
BTW im not swapping my xbox. I talked to another person from M$ and told them that it has the ROD, they are now going to repair the xbox for free. but wait... it really doesn't have the ROD so they are gonna replace it when they shouldn't... oh no M$ just lost money from my 360, they just might lay people off because of this and they will then turn to crime.
When America's economy falls i guess im the cause because i didnt want to pay $100 to repair a faulty item that was sold to me.

It's called plausible deniability. Everyone here treads a fine line and in order to keep functioning that line has to be respected. When you blatently cross that line you risk everything for everyone.

There is a difference between taking advantage of a legal (some say questionably so) clause to protect your own investment and talking about blatent and outright fraud.

Walk into a head shop. Everything there is obviously for smoking weed. No one in there will say anything about smoking weed.

It's what has to happen to keep functioning.

It has nothing to do with costing MS $100, and if you are so short sited and small minded as to not be able to see that, then that's exactly what this site is worried about happening. It doesn't take more than a handful of idiots to ruin it for the rest of us.

Don't like it? That's tough... it's not your website to decide.

Edited by Devedander, 27 November 2007 - 05:05 AM.

#8 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(popothemailman @ Nov 26 2007, 11:06 PM) View Post

Yeah and when MS gets it back sees you opened it.... returns it back to you UNFIXED.. and charges you for the shipping... or just sees it doesn;t have the ROD and asked for $100 before they send it back. We'll all have a good laugh at your expense.. oh right you'll be banned from the forum before you even see us laughing. Take care!

Edited by Havok, 27 November 2007 - 05:08 AM.

#9 (c)S

(c)S

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE(Devedander @ Nov 26 2007, 11:37 PM) View Post

It's called plausible deniability. Everyone here treads a fine line and in order to keep functioning that line has to be respected. When you blatently cross that line you risk everything for everyone.

There is a difference between taking advantage of a legal (some say questionably so) clause to protect your own investment and talking about blatent and outright fraud.

Walk into a head shop. Everything there is obviously for smoking weed. No one in there will say anything about smoking weed.

It's what has to happen to keep functioning.

It has nothing to do with costing MS $100, and if you are so short sited and small minded as to not be able to see that, then that's exactly what this site is worried about happening. It doesn't take more than a handful of idiots to ruin it for the rest of us.

Don't like it? That's tough... it's not your website to decide.

Well said Devedander. Couldn't have said it any clearer. If he can't tell the difference between looking out for one's investments doing it cheap and wise (seeing as M$ only put a heatgun/reflow your system and send it right back to you and in turn it will eventually repeat the 3rod process cause nothing was fixed just a bandage placed on it).

That also goes for the way he doesn't see how defrauding/plain out stealing can affect his area's economical status. Now i know its not a shit load of $, but add that up by a few thousand or so.
(He thinks he's the only person with schemes on how to get over)
Guess he needs to stay in school and learn about business economics and lay off the games for a bit.

#10 Tortuga2112

Tortuga2112

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:refs: <br />toraxe<br /><br /><br />scammers:<br />none

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:05 AM

don't let the door hit you on the way out.

c ya.

#11 o The Drizzle o

o The Drizzle o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE(popothemailman @ Nov 26 2007, 11:06 PM) View Post

ever hear of XBMC?

#12 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:32 PM

How has this got so far without being reported.
NO THREADS ASKING HOW TO DELIBERATELY CAUSE 3ROD
Yes the OP is gone now.

Edited by Chancer, 27 November 2007 - 12:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users