4 replies to this topic

#1 [-Oasis-]

[-Oasis-]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:35 AM

Quick question.

Do stealth patched backups work on the older Xtreme firmware?

Sorry if this question has already been asked. ph34r.gif

#2 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:13 PM

Yes they do.. but a very old firmware may get you banned from live. Xtreme 5.X is deemed to be pretty safe.

#3 [-Oasis-]

[-Oasis-]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:07 PM

Oh, that's cool then, thanks for the reply.

I'm looking into modding my 360, and I'm looking at 3 options, it's either the Globe 360 chip, the Xtreme firmware, or the iXtreme firmware.

Which would be the best for occasional usage on Live? I plan on using Originals on live through and through, and another question, does the Globe 360 modchip read Xtreme/iXtreme backups fine?

#4 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

the modchips don't offer you any features that the firmware doesn't, so i wouldn't recommend spending the extra money for a chip. as far as which firmware to use, if your going to use live, i strongly recommend the ixtreme firmware. it is the safest available right now, and presents the least risk of being banned from live.

any of your 3 options should boot stealthed backups

if you go with anything other than ixtreme, keep in mind that xbox live doesn't mean matchmaking.

#5 [-Oasis-]

[-Oasis-]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

Thanks, although I heard that chips like the NME can't boot Xtreme/iXtreme backups and need to be converted or something? Is this the same case with the Globe? Yeah I know you said all the 3 option would boot 'stealthed' backups fine, just need confirmation on that one.

And yes, I was initially going the modchip way but now I've heard of the firmware hacks I have been looking into tutorials and resources on how to flash. I don't know anything about installing modchips, so I'd have probably have to spend for the modchip AND for the installation service from someone. So this firmware hack does look like the best bet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users