• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:31 AM

Harmonix Replacing Broken Rock Band Guitars
Posted by XanTium | November 28 21:31 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From kotaku.com:

Some great news for Rock Band fans from Harmonix today. They wrote to tell us that gamers who are experiencing problems with their guitars (or any of the Rock Band instruments) should contact EA's customer support website and they will send out a replacement immediately.

"As sometimes happens when new products first go into manufacturing, we discovered an imperfection with the strum bar in an early production run of guitars that were shipped at launch. We've since identified and fixed the issue in all subsequent production runs of the guitars. If users are experiencing a problem with their guitars or any of the Rock Band instruments, they can visit the customer support website ( http://support.ea.com/rockband) and we will send a replacement immediately. Harmonix is dedicated to creating 100% customer satisfaction and to the users who have encountered any hardware issues, we are sorry for the hassle."

Full Story: kotaku.com

#2 joanjett

joanjett

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:08 AM

mine fucked up the strum bar would read 2 notes instead of 1 and i i contacted they shipped me a new one ups 2nd air just had to send the old one back in after it got here.

Edited by joanjett, 29 November 2007 - 04:12 AM.

#3 DoTsTeR

DoTsTeR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:17 AM

Those games are pure gayness.. play a real guitar..

Edited by DoTsTeR, 29 November 2007 - 04:17 AM.

#4 cowsn

cowsn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:21 AM

your a fucking joke dotster.

#5 Tiuk

Tiuk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:29 AM

Good to see they're doing the right thing.

#6 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:32 AM

I like COD4. My bud told me that I should go put on camo and run around shooting people, but I told him he was a fucking joke too.

Glad to see there are still companies that stand by their products.

#7 Haloslut

Haloslut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:36 AM

They should have been built right to begin with. They knew from the test units they sent out that the peripherals were crap yet they still shipped them. Does anything electronic not fucking break anymore? Especially in the videogame world...

Edited by Haloslut, 29 November 2007 - 04:48 AM.

#8 metalcoat

metalcoat

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:37 AM

I play several instruments, including the guitar and bass, but it's still fun to get together a bunch of friends and play this. Especially when your friends don't know the slightest thing about instruments.

#9 joanjett

joanjett

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:37 AM

Guitar hero and rock band are fun worth while games fun games to solo or me and the wife can play togather. To knock somthing you havent tryed now thats gay guitar hero has tooken the gaming world by storm and has become a popculter with clothing and accessories. Thank god their is people out their that come up with new ideals and new wya to make games more fun.

Edited by joanjett, 29 November 2007 - 04:41 AM.

#10 NizZ8

NizZ8

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:09 AM

They are shipping these 2day air UPS.. I submitted my ticket to them on saturday and got my new guitar in the mail earlier today using their express shipping method--which is free you just have to let them put a hold charge on your CC until they recieve the old guitar back. They also pay for return shipping as well! Pretty dang good customer service!

#11 DoTsTeR

DoTsTeR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:33 AM

My Kid Brother and his pals have them both and I have tried them.

Their frigin lame.. simon says for rock wannabes

How about those dorks that stand around sams club and best buy all day playing it in front of people trying to show off.. now that's a joke

#12 88 Ecko Unltd 88

88 Ecko Unltd 88

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:48 AM

At least they admitted that their product recalled and that their sending replacements smile.gif

#13 BulkySam

BulkySam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(DoTsTeR @ Nov 28 2007, 11:09 PM) View Post

My Kid Brother and his pals have them both and I have tried them.

Their frigin lame.. simon says for rock wannabes

How about those dorks that stand around sams club and best buy all day playing it in front of people trying to show off.. now that's a joke

Two guys walk into a bar, the third one ducked. THAT'S a joke.

Guitar Hero/Rock Band, however, are video games.

The scenario you described is what I equate to a free arcade. People play DDR, Third Strike, MVC/2, etc in public view and show off all the time. GH/RB are not in arcades, however, but there is still a venue for skilled players to show off.

#14 ---=Snyper=---

---=Snyper=---

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:49 AM

Nice to see a company standing behide their product and fixing it asap..

IF only Microsoft did the same for the problem with afew of the production runs of the Wirless Racing Wheel.... ..

#15 teknow

teknow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

Perhaps they are a good company that in general stands behind their products... But in reality this is the default action you have to take when the game has only been released not even 9 days ago.
People aren't likely to buy the game if they know upfront that the products are defective and aren't being replaced in easy, customer friendly manner. If they decided they didn't want to play ball they ensure a class action lawsuit as a result; they may still have a class action for something related.

I just hesitate to praise a company for doing something it is supposed, no Obligated to do in the first place. They after all not only caused the problem, but additionally with knowledge beforehand and the ability to prevent it, allowed the faulty product to get into customer hands. In no way should the customer be held responsible for correcting any part of that. So... thanks for fixing your mistake?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users