Just wondering if the falcon motherboard heatsinks are backward compatible with the Zephyr Heatsinks because i want to perform RBJtechs X-Clamp Replacement on my new falcon with HDMI. I'd prefer to do both the CPU And GPU at the same time. The new CPU heatsink on the falcon poses quite a problem though because the heat fins care directly above the heatsink mountings / bolts, which is why i'd like to try the old Zephyr CPU Heatsink. The GPU would basically be the same preparation for the Zephyr GPU Heatsinks. As with the Zephyr the problem was mainly with the GPU looking at the new GPU heatsink and going by that it is still a 90mn chip i still think the new heatsink will not be enough to stop the RROD / 3RLOD which is why i want to do the X-Clamp Replacement early.
So basically the questions i want answered are:
1. Has anyone already done a X-Clamp Replacement on a Falcon Board using Zephyr Heatsinks?
2. Are the mounting bolt spacings for the heatsinks the same for both motherboard versions?
3. Are The Zephyr CPU and GPU Heatsink forward compatible with the Falcon motherboard?
4. Will the old Zephor CPU Heatsinks heat pipe be obstructed by anything when installing? . e.g capacitors
7. Is the gap between the motherboard and the case the same?
6. Is the gap between the motherboard and the heatsink the same?
7. Is the Falcon fanshroud design / dimensions exactly the same as the ones on the Zephyr?
8. Has any one got the RROD / 3RLOD with the new falcon motherboard and new heatsinks?
RBJtech if your reading this i'd like your opinion too.
Are The Zephyr Cpu And Gpu Heatsink Forward Compatible?
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users