Xbox Freezes At Initial Flash Screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1zzy

1zzy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Paintball and Xbox'ing right after my baby girl and my new baby boy.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

XBox ver. 1.0
Xecuter 2.2 Lite
XBMC (default dash) / Evox

Upon bootup, I get initial XBox flash screen and then "Xecuter 2" pops up below that and then nothing else happens.

It will not boot to a disk.
I have tried booting to banks 1 & 2 with no luck.
Booting with chip disabled only takes me to Green Microsoft splash screen then I get the error caused by having the box modded in the first place. The one that says it needs service or something like that.

I have read many posts here and it sounds as if my only recourse is to buy a programmer and "reprogram" the bios on the chip or replace the chip altogether. I know its an older chip but it works for everything I need it to do.

Anybody located on the East coast of Central Florida that has a Programmer for an Xcuter chip? I know I can buy but if theres one local, maybe I could use it and put a 10spot in someone pocket.

Edited by 1zzy, 02 December 2007 - 04:55 PM.

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:02 PM

Booting with chip disabled only takes me to Green Microsoft splash screen then I get the error caused by having the box modded in the first place. The one that says it needs service or something like that.

What's the error number you get? This information is really important and people never post it!!!

#3 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

Replace the ide cable and see what happens? Ya error code would help.

#4 1zzy

1zzy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Paintball and Xbox'ing right after my baby girl and my new baby boy.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:27 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.

We (99% Fezzman and 1% Me) determined and fixed the problem by unfortunately rebuilding the hard drive after Slayer reformatted it. Fezzman's final diagnosis was a "corrupted Evox.xbe" file which was preventing the BIOS / O/S from proceeding and loading everything. He had no FTP access, DVD access or h/d access. Luckily a Slayer 2.5 disk got us to a reformat/rebuild option.

Happy Holidays
Izzy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users