Ski-lleR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:43 PM

Hi there

I recently buy a 360 Elite. The drive is a benq. I try to flash it throught my portable computer. Well i not have external sata port, and i know that pcmia to sata can't be used (no dos driver for pcmia).

So i connect the 360 drive directly to the internal sata port (i modified the sata cable)>
Before / After
IPB ImageIPB Image

When i boot on my external usb hard drive, i launch dosflash, but the status stay on 0x73 always (never D1). The port is good (01F0), i'm sure because dosflash detect my primary sata port in auto, and in windows i check in msinfo32 and with iprep.

What's the problem ?

Info: i'm on nforce 4 and in dosflash doc the exact chipset (the same in everest info) is marked as compatible

Edited by Ski-lleR, 05 December 2007 - 03:44 PM.

#2 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:51 PM

I'm puzzled as to why you 'modified' the cable. The SATA cable in the 360 is a standard SATA connection. Have you another SATA cable you can try?

#3 Ski-lleR

Ski-lleR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:56 PM

I modified the cable because in my laptop it's a 2,5" hard drive. no i have no other sata cable. i can try to add the cable between the laptop hard drive and the laptop for view if the cable is good. Do you think it's a good idea ?

#4 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(Ski-lleR @ Dec 5 2007, 03:32 PM) View Post

I modified the cable because in my laptop it's a 2,5" hard drive. no i have no other sata cable. i can try to add the cable between the laptop hard drive and the laptop for view if the cable is good. Do you think it's a good idea ?

SATA is SATA - there is no difference at all. SATA is keyed to ensure that you insert the cable the right way for instance. It's possible you connected it around the wrong way - a slim chance, put possible nonetheless.

Line it up and you'll see it will fit perfectly.

#5 Ski-lleR

Ski-lleR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:37 PM

My laptop hard drive as a bit different sata connecton (dont ask me why i dont know...).

A standard connection is like this:
IPB Image

But my hdd is not like this:

------
|

But like this:
------

Then i'm in obligation to cut the | on the cable

Edited by Ski-lleR, 05 December 2007 - 04:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users