Photo

Just Got The Rod Last Night. One Question...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kr0n1k

Kr0n1k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:38 AM

People that have gotten the ROD recently, what did you get in return? Same box? Refurbished box? New box? I know the old policy (before the recall) was to send a refurb. But yea... I don't really want to keep sending the damn things back over and over and over again like a couple of my buddies have had to do. Anyone know what I'm getting?

#2 Jer4251

Jer4251

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:360's F-Bodys
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:45 AM

the 2 ive send back before came back with brand new ones. back when the 360 came out, i get mine back tomorrow. theirs no way its the same one i sent in as it took 2 days for them to get it and ship it back out to me.

i wanna know the same thing. if im getting a new one for a refurb one. if they sent out refurbs, some people are going to get pre modded dvd drives. i sent in 3 modded xboxs sofar. and got all diff ones back. i wanna be able to remod my xbox with ease and play online with it again. and i still have my elite also if i get banned again

#3 p911sc

p911sc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE(Kr0n1k @ Dec 5 2007, 07:14 PM) View Post

People that have gotten the ROD recently, what did you get in return? Same box? Refurbished box? New box? I know the old policy (before the recall) was to send a refurb. But yea... I don't really want to keep sending the damn things back over and over and over again like a couple of my buddies have had to do. Anyone know what I'm getting?

Chances are it will be a refurb. I sent mine in recently and it was a refurb, however, They did send me a free gold live subscription too.

#4 Kr0n1k

Kr0n1k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:37 AM

Well, I don't mod, so I'm gonna be really pissed if I get sent a banned box. I was just hoping it was new, because HDMI would be sweet.

#5 darth_jarret

darth_jarret

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:59 AM

i just got mine back last week and according to the letter in the box they just sent me a new one, but it didnt have hdmi (bummer). and i got a free month of live which was pretty sweet.

#6 shmigadiga

shmigadiga

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:22 AM

i talked to ms reps and they say the second time you send in the same box, they just give you a new one, not a refurb. so if they repair it once and it dies again, you get yourself a new one. for free. wonderful. biggrin.gif

#7 umpa

umpa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:34 PM

All ROD boxes seem to be refurbs.
My box that needed repair that was not ROD was repaired and sent back to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users