• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrsjones

mrsjones

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:42 PM

Ok I have a problem I setup my wireless game adapter on my computer and config it as the directions say. Than I hooked it up to my xbox upstairs and I can see all the games but when I go to join the game it says I can't try later. The problem is I have tried all day yesterday and half of today and everyroom says the same thing.

I have been reading through the help forums here and I've looked into my McAfee firewall settings and the Kai link and XBC has full access so it's not blocked. Than I read about port forwarding but I don't know if I need it being that I can see the games I just can't join them. Than the real problem lies here I don't know how to port forward and have not seen any step by step guides on how to do it. Again I don't even know if I need to do it or not.

Please someone help me out.

P.S. I can get on both game sites hard wired but my system is now upstairs so that's why I brought the wireless gaming adapter.

#2 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:38 PM

how are you trying to connect it all ? .. the best way would be for the laptop to connect to the wireless AP and than connect the xbox to the laptop with a crossover cable ..

#3 mrsjones

mrsjones

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE(c-2 @ Dec 7 2007, 05:14 PM) View Post

how are you trying to connect it all ? .. the best way would be for the laptop to connect to the wireless AP and than connect the xbox to the laptop with a crossover cable ..

ok i kinda understand but i don't know what a crossover cable is. i have the xbox connected to the wireless game adapter via ethernet. it's seeing it but it won't let me join any games. so if you could explain how to do it your way i will try it. all help will be tried because i wanna plaay halo.

#4 mrsjones

mrsjones

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:14 AM

ok i am reading up on crossover cables here's a question can I just buy a modular crossover adapter and hook it to my ethernet cord than run it from the laptop to the xbox? and if so what happens to the wireless adapter i just brought? i only have 1 computer that uses a ethernet cord and it's downstairs hooked to the comcast linksys router my other 3 computers and my laptop are wireless that's why i brought the game adapter. i have an extra netgear router in the box should i try to use that and have 2 routers going? i don't know if you can have 2 different routers going but if so it would help because it works hard wired. i don't trust my laptop in the living room around my kids and their friends that is another reason for the game adapter. i hope i didn't confuse you.

ex:
computer 1 ethernet to comcast linksys router
linksys router for 3 wireless computers and wireless laptop
here's the question--wireless game adapter hooked to the netgear router
ethernet from netgear router to xbox?

it sounds crazy but just asking because i don't know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users