Photo

Done Flashing Benq! Overview Of My Xbox 360- And Question!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bboykidmike

bboykidmike

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:30 AM

One quick Questions is it possible to test the Xbox 360 After flashing without a burned game? is there some other burned format disk that will prove that my drive works??

i put in a original Halo 3 to test if originals at least work and they do! smile.gif

Another question, basically this is what happened

Dumped Original FW
backed up Original FW.
Then Flashed New FW and got error.
Then restart Pc and Flashed agian the second time and got no errors.
Question: will the first error affect my drive even thought i flashed it a second time with no errors?

I have finished the vigorous flashing process but dont have a DL Burner or Blank DL disk tongue.gif

MY FLASHING PROCESS

spent 1 hour disasembling my 360,
3 hours to find out my USB drive doesnt boot up properly, so used bootable floopy,
went to bed. sleeping.gif
2 hours figuring out my SATA Controller which has 4 ports, only 1 is enabled dry.gif
2.5 hours running through the boot, over and over again.. It took so long because when i boot up Iprep and about to dump my origonal FW, I used a Floppy to save my OFW.

I believe i wasted up to 2.5 hours dumping original FW because everytime i start the dump "Reading Bank 0..." i thought it froze lol
In tutorials where people are using a USB Drive the OFW dump goes by rather quickly, but when you use a floppy boot it goes by slow.

So point is Floppy boot users be very patient smile.gif

-First Time Flasher
bboykidmike

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:27 AM

It sounds like everything went good. If you had screwed up or messed up the drive key in anyway it would not be booting originals.

Now all you have to do is start making backups of your games and your all done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users