• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:08 AM

Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels
Posted by XanTium | December 9 00:08 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From classactionconnect.com:

A team of class action attorneys has launched an investigation into complaints that Halo 3 was falsely marketed as a high definition product, but does not actually render native high definition resolutions. These complaints are that, although Halo 3 was advertised as having a 720p resolution (720 pixels), it natively renders at 640p (640 pixels) and is simply scaled up to 720p. Read more about it here. If you purchased the Halo 3 game, you may be entitled to recover money.

Full Story/Submit Form: classactionconnect.com

#2 Fox the Sly

Fox the Sly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:44 AM

This is so ridiculous that I'm not even sure what to say besides...

Where's my $60?

tongue.gif

#3 skEwb

skEwb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:53 AM

Why is everyone so surprised? If you go to a store and purchase a crucial drug for example that is used to keep you healthy and the drug says 200mg on the label but you instead get the wrong dose of 150mg and end up having health issues, why can't this apply to games? False advertising is false advertising period. I hope they win.

#4 pholly

pholly

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:59 AM

I thought this was supposed to do 1080p, is that false as well?

#5 XmentalX

XmentalX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:21 AM

after costs such as legal fees i bet the amount of cash the end user gets will be trivial

#6 Puffer

Puffer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:30 AM

Is anyone else having difficulties filling out the form? Despite filling in all of the boxes on the right side of the screen, I keep getting a message that I did not fill in a required field. I even tried several different e-mail addresses incase hotmail is blocked. But none worked and it is not specific as to which field I am missing.

Edited by Puffer, 09 December 2007 - 07:40 AM.

#7 SpIdErXeN

SpIdErXeN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:32 AM

This'll be thrown out of court faster than it was posted.

#8 appleman76

appleman76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:34 AM

It still looks amazing. Get the f@*^ over it!

#9 Puffer

Puffer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ Dec 9 2007, 01:07 AM) View Post

While I agree that the standard microsoft came up with should have been included in every game there is no effin way they are going to win that hoarseshit let alone get in court. And people all over the WORLD are sue happy not just in the states. mad.gif

If they do win I won't turn down the money though. tongue.gif

I'm not sue happy, in fact, this is the first lawsuit I will have ever joined. However, I was very disappointed with the graphics in the game as it did seem very "blocky" at times when my tv overscanned to scale up to a 720p display. If they had been honest in the first place I would have been happy.

I had the same problem with GT4 on the PS2 and the constant jitter that occured when you started a race. We (gamers) wait a long time, and through several delays, for these games. The least the game companies could do is let us know the truth about the graphics we are about to spend 60 - 80 dollars on.

I even went so far as to buy the legendary edition and got scratched disks that MS never decided to replace for me. Just kinda bummed by the whole release. However I won't go so far as to say that it was a horrible game like some others. I thought it was a good story and a great play minus the graphics problems I had.

#10 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE(Puffer @ Dec 9 2007, 07:15 AM) View Post

However, I was very disappointed with the graphics in the game as it did seem very "blocky" at times when my tv overscanned to scale up to a 720p display.

I never experienced anything like this on my 720p/1080i display - sounds to me you should be suing the tv company for making a substandard product.

#11 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:05 AM

im in america... but i think Lawsuits like this are BS!.... just lawyers trying to line there pockets is the bottom line. they just try to find ANYTHING to get rich even though it goes against common sence.

p.s. the games (Halo3) overrated anyways. they should sue cause of that instead lol (just kidding)

Edited by ThaCrip, 09 December 2007 - 08:07 AM.

#12 radio5

radio5

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:52 AM

Absolutely amazing. So I suppose all the people who are joining this class action lawsuit are going to hand over their copies of this "inferior" game due to the inexcusable absence of some pixels? People will do anything to earn a quick, dirty buck these days. Bungie has once again put out an amazing product and people have the nerve to try and stick it to them. And since this is the third installment of the Halo franchise, it's not like Joe Lawsuit didn't know what he was purchasing. It was necessary to maintain the framerate. Bungie won't ship anything less than excellence and it just blows my mind how ungrateful some "gamers" can be.

Edited by radio5, 09 December 2007 - 08:53 AM.

#13 jdsony

jdsony

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE(Puffer @ Dec 9 2007, 08:15 AM) View Post

We (gamers) wait a long time, and through several delays, for these games. The least the game companies could do is let us know the truth about the graphics we are about to spend 60 - 80 dollars on.

Jeez...No one forced you to wait, you chose to do that on your own. No one forced you to buy the game, you did that on your own too. The system outputs 720p regardless of what resolution the game was created in so the issues you are having on your TV are not due to the resolution. Companies make games with awful graphics all the time even in full 720p, does that mean they should be sued too. You were caught up in the hype and just took their word for the graphics being amazing. I had no high expectations of the graphics (did you play Halo 2?). The fact the game is less than 720p is not the main aspect causing the graphics from being less than stellar.

#14 amak1131

amak1131

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:08 AM

Oh my god....society today is really ignorant! Wahh, I'm missing 80 pixels. Who cares!? The people who are joining on this cash-grab should just shoot themselves and spare us their genes for future generations.

#15 peter0328

peter0328

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:16 AM

...Halo 3 was advertised as having a 720p resolution (720 pixels), it natively renders at 640p (640 pixels) and is simply scaled up to 720p.

The people behind this lawsuit don't even have their facts straight. 720p is not 720 pixels, it is 921,600 pixels. 720p stands for 720 progressively scanned lines of picture. The same is true for their analysis of 640p, it is not 640 pixels but it is actually 819,200 pixels if the resolution is 1280x640. It is actually missing 80p or 102,400 pixels. This error should be fixed immediately if they actually want this lawsuit to be considered somewhat seriously.

Edited by peter0328, 09 December 2007 - 09:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users