Photo

Microsoft Recalling Xbox360's With Benq Drives?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 macsmedia

macsmedia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

the wife works at argos here in the uk and they have recently started to sort through arcade packs to look for certain serial numbers, these boxes with tht serial are now being sent back to microsoft for a replacement which i presume is going to be an hitatchi 79fl machine.

anyone else heard of this? and if so what would be the point because you can still flash the 79fl's albeit after chipping them first so would it not be a money wasting operation on ms part?

on another note (and why i posted in this section) why is there no software solution for the 79 series drives? it is because certain people would only make money by releasing a hardware solution. and now that they are becoming commonplace is it not time to at last start working on a software solution.

mac.

#2 xxXChris UkXxx

xxXChris UkXxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(macsmedia @ Dec 9 2007, 11:23 AM) View Post

on another note (and why i posted in this section) why is there no software solution for the 79 series drives? it is because certain people would only make money by releasing a hardware solution. and now that they are becoming commonplace is it not time to at last start working on a software solution.

mac.

First thing i've heard about it to be honest....

Please don't think modders do it for the money . There's no 79 software mod because its not possible at this time at the moment . Its been a busy few months in modding (Benq flashing , bannings , flash updates etc) So people - if you can't code your own program to flash the 79 I'd be quiet you should wait patiently or get a 10/$20 passkey and enjoy your backups .

#3 petstalker

petstalker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

i work for argos in the midlands and can safely say there is no recall of such.
maybe it was machines which had 3rrod which were being sent back?
it would be stupid of microsoft to recall 360's just because they had certain drives inside them, if this were true they would have been doing it since day 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users