• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:15 AM

Analyst US November Predictions: 360 750k, Wii 950k, PS3 420k
Posted by XanTium | December 11 00:15 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From next-gen.biz:

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter believes that US videogame sales during November generated $1 billion, while Nintendo lead the way in the console market.

Hardware sell-through estimates for November are as follows, with The simExchange predictions in brackets for comparison purposes.
Wii - 950,000 (1,060,000)
Xbox 360 - 750,000 (728,000)
PS3 - 420,000 (410,000)
PS2 - 485,000 (n/a)
PSP - 650,000 (468,000)
DS - 1,350,000 (1,300,000)
GBA - 170,000 (n/a)

Full Story: next-gen.biz

#2 Landlocked

Landlocked

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:01 AM

Go, Xbox, go! biggrin.gif

Now, to make XBL free...

#3 g8crapachino

g8crapachino

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(Landlocked @ Dec 11 2007, 06:37 AM) View Post

Now, to make XBL free...

Quit daydreaming. Why should Microsoft ruin the XBL service by removing any motivation to keep it going?

Unless you're willing to practice what you preach and ask your own employer to work for free you really shouldn't expect anyone at Microsoft to run XBL for nothing. Hypocrite!

Edited by g8crapachino, 11 December 2007 - 08:04 AM.

#4 kseries

kseries

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:14 AM

Funny this i was standing inline sunday morning for 2 hrs for a a wii at bestbuy because they said they were gonna have some instock and nothing lol..

#5 THDVL

THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:16 AM

I really dont see why anyone is buying a ps3 at this point in time. I'm not a playstation hater, its just most of the games for ps3 are absolute crap right now. Framerate issues and just all around bad games. There are a few games that are ok, meaning no framerate probs.. Only a handfull though, and most of those are available on the 360 too. A bud of mine bought a ps3 and hates it. With the lineup the 360 has It seems like a clear winner. Just wish it didnt have so many problems.. Crappy dvd drives(hitachi's), solder issues etc. It would be the perfect console imo if it didnt have such a high failure rate. I know they have the 3year warranty now, but its still a hassle to send it in. For the price we pay for the console its self, accessories, and games it should be made better. I've spent a lot of cash on my 360 already and recently had to drop another 130$ for a reball. You just never know when its gonna crap out on ya.

#6 Landlocked

Landlocked

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE(g8crapachino @ Dec 11 2007, 03:34 AM) View Post

Quit daydreaming. Why should Microsoft ruin the XBL service by removing any motivation to keep it going?
Unless you're willing to practice what you preach and ask your own employer to work for free you really shouldn't expect anyone at Microsoft to run XBL for nothing. Hypocrite!

I am sorry...I was under the impression that MS was making money off of advertisements, marketplace videos, arcade games and demos designed to drive disc sales. Silly me.

#7 THDVL

THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(Landlocked @ Dec 11 2007, 02:16 AM) View Post

I am sorry...I was under the impression that MS was making money off of advertisements, marketplace videos, arcade games and demos designed to drive disc sales. Silly me.

I'm with ya.. XBL should be free... MS is making plenty of money. Also there should be an adults only xbl. I'm sick of all the little morons on xbl. I would play online a lot more if it wasn't for all the high pitched voices spoutin out moronic bs all the time.

#8 xboxmodder4life

xboxmodder4life

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:35 AM

XBL shouldn't be free it's 50$ a year if you can't afford that then you should pick a different hobby. Also if it were free service would suffer, right now xbox live is the premiere online gaming platform. Nothing comes close to matching it. It's a uniform cohesive platform unlike the other offerings. the PS3 network doesn't impress me what so ever. The wii's network is a joke.

#9 fiya

fiya

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(THDVL @ Dec 11 2007, 10:21 AM) View Post

I'm with ya.. XBL should be free... MS is making plenty of money. Also there should be an adults only xbl. I'm sick of all the little morons on xbl. I would play online a lot more if it wasn't for all the high pitched voices spoutin out moronic bs all the time.

if they are making so much money off xbl, why didnt they post profits earlier? Why did it take halo's success in order for them to be profitable?

#10 THDVL

THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(fiya @ Dec 11 2007, 05:35 AM) View Post

if they are making so much money off xbl, why didnt they post profits earlier? Why did it take halo's success in order for them to be profitable?

When did I say they were making so much money off xbl? I didnt.. MS makes a shit load of money in general.. Does it really need to be explained?

#11 DeMoN_DARREN

DeMoN_DARREN

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:37 PM

Agree with THDVL, how is the PS3 selling!? Nice to see a free clear gap between it and the 360 though

#12 Elemino

Elemino

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:28 PM

I'll explain how the PS3 is selling. I sell a lot of them at my store, but I work in the TV Dept. I sell them as Bluray players that have the ability to play games. To be honest, I believe a big percentage of the people that actually buy ps3's only buy it because they want a bluray player in the first place. Hell, that's why I want one. When you come into the store and look at them. The cheapest one we have is $399... which happens to be the price of the 40GB model. So i'd go as far to say, that many of the people buying it are not gamers. I've had guys well over 60 buy them from me.

And why can't the average person understand the point of running a business is to MAKE MONEY? I can't remember the last estimate on how many people are Live Members, but assume 4,000,000 of the nearly 10,000,000 360's are gold members. That's $200,000,000 / yr. Why would a company ruin their business model and upset their investors by eliminating what is essientially free money?

They can say what they want about Nintendo & Sony. But the only company really making money here is MS. I don't care if Nintendo sells more systems, you have to sell software and services to bring in the doe.

Edited by Elemino, 11 December 2007 - 03:38 PM.

#13 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

I don't care how much money MS is making on LIVE... if that $50 is pure profit then more power to them.

a negligible fee such as $50 keeps the proverbial tsunami of whiny piss-ants off the service because

A. they're the kind of people who complain about everything and are too cheap to buy it in the first place
or
B. they've bought the service but keep their nose clean out of fear that they'll lose their account and the money they spent on it.

$49.95 will buy you a 13 month card

That's $3.84 a month... I spend more than that in gas for my car a day just driving to work.

IMO that $3.84 goes towards keeping my online gaming experience free from cheap ass whinos and making the bigoted hate mongers bite their tongues and it's worth every last damn penny for that reason and that reason ONLY.

Sure we put up with some of that crap anyway (though, in my experience only really when playing Halo) but pay attention next time there is a free live weekend and the shit storm goes from being about a 2 to about a 9 or 10...

#14 irnchriz

irnchriz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:08 PM

I dont mind the cost of LIVE! I pay 39.99 in the UK every year for LIVE! and its well worth it. Plus if they mess up I can shout and moan at them as I have paid for a service.

Just wait till Sony screws up their online service..

PS3 owner "Hi, the servers all crashed and I can't get online"
Sony Cust svc rep "Im sorry, but it will be back up as soon as poss"
PS3 owner "Can I have some compensation due to not being able to get online"
Sony Cust svc rep "Its a free service so your mileage may vary, you get what you pay for"
PS3 owner " Thats it, im cancelling my account"
Sony Cust svc rep " Do it then, we don't care we already got you to buy our overpriced hardware. Thankyou for funding our Blu-Ray movie industry"

Or something like that
pop.gif

Edited by irnchriz, 11 December 2007 - 05:09 PM.

#15 Landlocked

Landlocked

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(THDVL @ Dec 11 2007, 04:21 AM) View Post

I am with you on age-based playing. I joined the "underground" gamer level to play with older/more experienced gamers. The in game language can get pretty rough for 7 year olds to hear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users