• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 toru173

toru173

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

I've recently bought what I believe to be a version 1.1 xbox, and I installed the ndure mod via the tutorial here. I backed up the C and E drives accordingly. However, I haven't yet been able to make a consistent backup of the eeprom (or bios - I'm still a little confused about which is which). I tried using the EvolutionX "Backup" utility, the unleashX style ndure toolset's "backup," as well as starting up xebian and using raincoat, even using ConfigMagic. Each time I get different bioses, missing bioses, bios files that are too small or too large - nothing consistent. When I finally got the raincoat bios (which I assumed was correct - 1 meg in size vs 256kb or even 256B >_<) I checked it in ConfigMagic, which told me it wasn't correct.

Also, I seem to have trouble writing to my C drive. I can't create new folders there via FTP or any of the file manager programs I have now installed. I realise this might be the source of some of my problems, but not all.

Can anyone point me towards a guaranteed, sure-fire way of getting the CORRECT eeprom/bios file for my box? I ultimately want to put XMBC and a much larger hard disk in there.

Thank you to anyone in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users