Photo

Which Firmware To Flash Samsung Ms25 With To Rip Games?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 street_kings

street_kings

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:53 PM

Which firmware would you guys suggest to use as a full time game ripping drive? In light of the recent banning developments, i've decided to sell my kreon and buy an extra MS25. It's going to be full time rip only, will never be used as a regular 360 drive so I am looking for a firmware which will keep it permanantly in rip mode.

Originally I had 5.3c on it, but that gets kind of annoying to have to put it in 0800 mode every time i want to rip a game, so I tried xtrm0800.bin that came with the original xtreme release. That makes the drive recognizable and useable as a standard samsung drive in Windows all the time, but I cannot get schtrom not xbox backup creator to rip a game with it. What am i doing wrong?

#2 Devedander

Devedander

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:11 AM

Would like to know exactly the same thing... thanks to any who answers...

btw Street Kings how are you going to be setting the drive up (ie powering it, just on a desk, inside your comp somehow etc)? Thanks!

#3 street_kings

street_kings

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE(Devedander @ Dec 12 2007, 01:47 AM) View Post

Would like to know exactly the same thing... thanks to any who answers...

btw Street Kings how are you going to be setting the drive up (ie powering it, just on a desk, inside your comp somehow etc)? Thanks!

I bought an RROD'd box with an ms25 in it for my ripping drive, so right now it's just sitting on top of the tower.

Find a solution yet? How to full time ripping drive rig with vista?

#4 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE(street_kings @ Dec 11 2007, 11:29 PM) View Post

Which firmware would you guys suggest to use as a full time game ripping drive? In light of the recent banning developments, i've decided to sell my kreon and buy an extra MS25. It's going to be full time rip only, will never be used as a regular 360 drive so I am looking for a firmware which will keep it permanantly in rip mode.

Originally I had 5.3c on it, but that gets kind of annoying to have to put it in 0800 mode every time i want to rip a game, so I tried xtrm0800.bin that came with the original xtreme release. That makes the drive recognizable and useable as a standard samsung drive in Windows all the time, but I cannot get schtrom not xbox backup creator to rip a game with it. What am i doing wrong?

The xtrm0800.bin firmware works, but it's not designed to function with the modern rip programs. Check the readme which accompanied the firmware for full information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users