PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:11 AM

PlayStation Network will make Sony a software powerhouse, says Stringer
Posted by XanTium | 12-12-2007 0:11 EST

From gamesindustry.biz:

The expansion of the PlayStation Network, which will enable users to download games, movies and music for multiple devices, will propel Sony into a software powerhouse, said CEO Sir Howard Stringer.

Sir Howard told The Financial Times that Sony would focus on innovation and shift to digitisation from hardware as pillars of growth as it nears the end of its three-year restructuring plan.

"Over the next two years we will find ourselves in competition with Apple and Microsoft," he said. "If we can connect the dots we have a great advantage over consumer electronics rivals and some advantage over Apple and Microsoft."

Full Story: gamesindustry.biz

#2 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:54 PM

Now that is some of the dumbest shit i have ever heard. Compete with microsoft and apple what a bunch of nonsense. First of all apple isn't even in competition with microsoft and sony is no where near appple and never will be. Why do sony representatives keep making rediculious claims that will be almost impossible to achieve.

Lame

#3 irnchriz

irnchriz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:16 AM

LMAO

When iTunes opened in japan they sold more content in the first month than Sony had sold from their online music store since it started.

Sony are in deep shit, they are not shifting enough product and are dead last in the next gen (and Wii smile.gif) console market. Blu-Ray has the potential to nose dive next year if budget HD DVD players hit the markets around the globe (especially in europe) as this is what boosted DVD over VHS.

Comments from HS are purely to keep the stockholders happy and are all pie in the sky. All of the major businesses come out with ridiculous statements like this when they are in trouble.

Edited by irnchriz, 13 December 2007 - 12:17 AM.

#4 blackchild1101

blackchild1101

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:13 AM

WTF are you two smoking?

HS comments could not be any more truer. If Sony can bring together their music, video, and properties into 1 nice simple interface then consider XBL market place dead & stick a fork in Itunes...

#5 hawkolugy

hawkolugy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(blackchild1101 @ Dec 13 2007, 06:49 AM) View Post

WTF are you two smoking?
HS comments could not be any more truer. If Sony can bring together their music, video, and properties into 1 nice simple interface then consider XBL market place dead & stick a fork in Itunes...

I am just asking because I wasn't completely sure that's sarcasm right? I sure hope so because Sony beating itunes out would be a miracle.

#6 Bubbalynch

Bubbalynch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Gaming Consoles, PC's, Electronics, Music, Movies, Sports ect.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(blackchild1101 @ Dec 13 2007, 06:49 AM) View Post

WTF are you two smoking?

Um..wtf are YOU smoking bro?

You really might wanna rethink your statement there, cause I've heard more inteligent comments from 3 yr olds.

#7 d-range

d-range

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE(blackchild1101 @ Dec 13 2007, 07:49 AM) View Post

WTF are you two smoking?

Did you actually ever *use* PSN? You have to be on some serious drugs to think that thing is 'a nice simple interface'. It works (barely) but it's a PITA to use on the PS3, and apart from the games and demo's there's virtually no interesting content. PSN on the PS3 will never ever compete with Apple/iTunes on Mac/PC, and comparing Sony and MS you can only conclude that Sony is trailing Microsoft. I'm a professional software engineer, and even I get seriously confused all the time using PSN (or the XMB for that matter), it's all too nerdy and high-tech for the masses, compared to XBL. Sony needs a lot more than just talk to beat that. Maybe PS home, but we'll just have to wait and see how that turns out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users