X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:52 PM

[quote name='BecomethemonsteR' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:11 AM' post='4178109']
Well, when you use the method I use to rid the Xbox of its DVD-ROM, sometimes it will not boot properly so it thinks there is an error 09. The only way to get it to act normal is to force it into another error so I usually just pull the power from the hard drive and give it an 07 and plug it back in. Taking it apart every time is a pain so the switch is on the 12v on the molex to force it into an 07 error if needed.

my slim never get a error with the drive even tho i have taken it apart and just left the power board like you.but you know different people experience different probles.by the way nice work nice clean prisice cuts

#17 BecomethemonsteR

BecomethemonsteR

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:22 PM

Yes! I finally got VGA to work on this pig. No integrated plug or anything, I just made a cable. It runs 720p on a 19" wide screen LG LCD monitor with a 2ms response time and a 3000:1 contrast ratio and looks bad ass with Vision as the skin.

Here's a question in regards to Music and Movies on here. How to I get the cover pictures on my Xbox? Like the nice DVD covers and the CD covers with the little reflections? Thanks in advance.

#18 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 December 2007 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(BecomethemonsteR @ Dec 18 2007, 12:58 PM) View Post

Yes! I finally got VGA to work on this pig. No integrated plug or anything, I just made a cable. It runs 720p on a 19" wide screen LG LCD monitor with a 2ms response time and a 3000:1 contrast ratio and looks bad ass with Vision as the skin.

Here's a question in regards to Music and Movies on here. How to I get the cover pictures on my Xbox? Like the nice DVD covers and the CD covers with the little reflections? Thanks in advance.

Lookin' good man. I dont think anybody understands that question. Restate it.

#19 Eksyte

Eksyte

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:45 PM

What's with the "Panasonic" badge?

#20 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:46 AM

don't understand why everyone has issues with removing the dvd-rom... instead of killing a perfectly good drive that may prove useful later, just set the bios to skip the boot-up check. that's what i've always done.. huh.gif

#21 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Dec 19 2007, 06:22 AM) View Post

don't understand why everyone has issues with removing the dvd-rom... instead of killing a perfectly good drive that may prove useful later, just set the bios to skip the boot-up check. that's what i've always done.. huh.gif

Well for the people like me who have 1.6's and no Duo Chips, we cant use that option.....

#22 BecomethemonsteR

BecomethemonsteR

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:44 AM

Well, the drive hasn't been killed. Just because I took a PCB out of it does not mean that I can't put it back.

#23 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE(Infamous Ob @ Dec 19 2007, 12:38 PM) View Post

Well for the people like me who have 1.6's and no Duo Chips, we cant use that option.....

what does not having a duo chip have to do with anything? the chip simply holds the bios.. what bios you use is up to you. how you mod that bios is up to you as well

#24 BecomethemonsteR

BecomethemonsteR

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:21 PM

I think he's also saying that for soft mods. Why pay for something you can do for free right? Especially if you have one of the three games to perform an exploit. If there is any other way to remove the DVD drive without a chip or a TSOP flash, let me know.

#25 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

Yes you can do it with a softmod from what I remember.

#26 evilsanta666

evilsanta666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:50 AM

if i remember correctly, you can remove the dvd drive completely if you apply one of the two 5v power leads from the yellow dvd power cable to 3 other points on itself, as shown in Superfro's redone dvd drive replacement tut (originally made by PSXBase). here is a pic of what i mean.

IPB Image

after that the xbox should think that there is a drive that is closed with no disk. for more info or to check my work here is a link to Superfro's retut, http://www.xbox-scen...les/lg-dvd2.php

#27 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(evilsanta666 @ Dec 21 2007, 05:26 AM) View Post

if i remember correctly, you can remove the dvd drive completely if you apply one of the two 5v power leads from the yellow dvd power cable to 3 other points on itself...

Looks pretty legit. I might give a shot one day.

#28 BecomethemonsteR

BecomethemonsteR

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:06 PM

The cable method is definitely a space saver. This thing keeps over heating and shutting off. It only has a 50 or 60 mm exhaust fan. I didn't see the question about the Panasonic badge before but a year or two ago, I took it off a speaker at work so I could have a Panasinic Xbox. Just about every piece of electronics I own is a Panasonic or a Technics.

#29 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:53 AM

So what's the status on your Slimbox? I know me, you, and a few other people are working on them right now. Mines will be done by the end of this month, hopefully. But I dont know, I still need a Dremel, and I have to rethink how Im going to do my Fan setup. i think I wont make it low as my Clear Slim was. Well I start my 2nd WSU Semester tommorrow, and Im finna buy a new car this week, so yeah, that's about it. But I still hitup XS everyday, no matter what! lol

#30 adrian18w

adrian18w

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE(evilsanta666 @ Dec 21 2007, 10:26 AM) View Post

if i remember correctly, you can remove the dvd drive completely if you apply one of the two 5v power leads from the yellow dvd power cable to 3 other points on itself, as shown in Superfro's redone dvd drive replacement tut (originally made by PSXBase). here is a pic of what i mean.

IPB Image

after that the xbox should think that there is a drive that is closed with no disk. for more info or to check my work here is a link to Superfro's retut, http://www.xbox-scen...les/lg-dvd2.php

I have tried this setup and it fails. It gives error 12 and blinking red light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users