• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Olimp

Olimp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

Just recently I had my Xbox 360 moded/flashed by a proffesional. Since I have a Hitachi 79 drive i had him install a Maximus 79 passkey and then while he was at it flash drive. I'm quite sure the firmware is either 1.2 rev 2 or 1.3 or something like that. However I'm not taking any chances so I've blocked the 360's MAC adress in my router so this baby aint goin'n on Live untill ixtreme 1.4 is released for Hitachi 78/79 drives. Now heres the problem. When I had it modded I didn't get my original BIOS back. So now I'm stuck with only the modded firmware wich is on the drive. When 1.4 is released for my drive, what should or could I do? Because from what I've read you can't apply a firmware hack on a previously hacked firmware correct?

#2 KarlosB

KarlosB

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Football, Pc Gaming, Fishing, Cars, Ladies...ect, ect.
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

run a restore command using firmware toolbox, then flash it to newest version using firmware toolbox, however im not sure if the version 1.4 is out for hitachi 78/79 drives yet as i have been away from the scene a few days smile.gif.

#3 Olimp

Olimp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(KarlosB @ Dec 16 2007, 04:44 PM) View Post

run a restore command using firmware toolbox, then flash it to newest version using firmware toolbox, however im not sure if the version 1.4 is out for hitachi 78/79 drives yet as i have been away from the scene a few days smile.gif.

Cool, thanks! I'll give it a try when 1.4 is released. Yes I know 1.4 isnt released yet. Thats why I said I'm keeping it offline untill it is smile.gif

I have another question also. I've read that you can change the speed of the DVD drive to make it more silent, wich indeed would be nice. But is this function also included in the ixtreme releases? Wouldn't this be an easy way for Microsoft to se if your running a modified firmware? If not, are there any downsides to running at lower speeds?

#4 guffy

guffy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(KarlosB @ Dec 16 2007, 03:44 PM) View Post

...however im not sure if the version 1.4 is out for hitachi 78/79 drives yet as i have been away from the scene a few days smile.gif.

Yep, it's out.

A new version of FW Toolbox is out, 4.6, use that to upgrade your firmware.

#5 Olimp

Olimp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(guffy @ Dec 16 2007, 05:26 PM) View Post

Yep, it's out.

A new version of FW Toolbox is out, 4.6, use that to upgrade your firmware.

Hell yes! Thanks for informing me! smile.gif

#6 jackflash

jackflash

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

With the new firmware there is a restore.bat, run this first to restore the original firmware then go ahead and flash, you are correct about not flashing already flashed drives, you must restore hitachi ones first. Pretty sure im right about this....any input people??

#7 madmatt30

madmatt30

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:55 AM

you can read the firmware then use the "recover lost original file"
option in firmware toolbox then patch that to 1.4 then flash (no need to
flash original to drive first), there should be only 2 sectors with
different data. This is of course at your own risk as is all flashing.

Really the only reason to do this is if you have an hitachi v79 drive as using the restore option
& reflashing your original firmware first will mean you need to install/reinstall a passkey or suchlike
Flashing the original firmware back locks the drive out of any mode B compatibility.

Done 3 v79's like this now (as yourself didnt have the original firmware or a passkey installed so there was no other option)
The 1st time I was s******g myself incase I bricked it but no problems at all using the above method)

Hope some help m8

Edited by madmatt30, 20 December 2007 - 10:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users