e51v50h

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

I have an original xbox that I modded with X3 and added XBMC and 300g hard drive. I use it to play all my xbox games on my dvd shelves straight off of my hard drive skipping all the inserting, and changing discs (So much more convenient) wink.gif I also ripped some of my music, pictures and videos. I am wanting to buy a 360 and do the same thing with it. I just want to modify it to be able to rip games (That i have already purchased, I don't believe in pirating either. $50.00 avg. isn't a harsh price to pay for an unbelievable amount of game development dry.gif ) I want to be able to rip dvd's and maybe put some emulators on there for my old snes games (For which I also own the system/games). i have been trying to do some research and some reading about where to start, and what i need to do to get started, but I couldn't find a tutorial that starts from the beginning. I know that if anyone can lead me in the right direction this forum can. It was an extremely valuable asset in modding my first XBOX. smile.gif Any help, links, tutorials, would be greatly appreciated. If I haven't made it clear what I am trying to do, please ask me some questions. I figured that I won't get burned too bad seeing as how this is the newbie forum!!! laugh.gif

Thanks!!!

J.

#2 Overloaded

Overloaded

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:16 PM

Sorry to be the guy to tell you but almost 2 years later (after 360s birth) you still are unable to run homebrew and or games from the hdd as there is no mod out there to allow you to do so.

all you can do with 360 is mod the firmware to allow burnt media game disc to be booted and now since the last m$ update you can play and watch mostly any video file from an external drive.

keep loving your xbox1 for awhile longer cause as far as launching games from the hdd its the only m$ console that will allow it.

#3 e51v50h

e51v50h

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:54 PM

sad.gif Thats a bummer!!! dry.gif I appreciate the Bad news. biggrin.gif Hopefully someone smarter than I will figure out how to do that. I'm sure that it's gonna be someone on this forum, and it's just a matter of hurry up and wait. sleep.gif

Thanks for the response!!! biggrin.gif

I'm gonna go hug my good old xbox now. laugh.gif

L8R!!!!

j.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users