Photo

Halo 3 Purchased by 52pct of Xbox 360 Owners in U.S.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Xbox-Scene

Xbox-Scene

Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:51 AM

Halo 3 Purchased by 52pct of Xbox 360 Owners in U.S.
Posted by XanTium | December 17 21:51 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From gamedaily.com:

Microsoft's Halo 3 is a monster. When it launched back in September, the game sold a whopping 3.3 million units in the U.S. More recently, Microsoft Corporate VP of Global Marketing Jeff Bell, revealed that Bungie's masterpiece had surpassed five million units sold worldwide.

A closer look at the data from The NPD Group through November shows that 4.1 million copies have been sold in the U.S. With 7.9 million Xbox 360s purchased in the U.S. to date, some simple math indicates that an impressive 52 percent of all Xbox 360 owners in America have picked up Halo 3.

Full Story: gamedaily.com

#2 jer_stud56

jer_stud56

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:31 AM

That's quite a bit lol. I wonder how that compares to the Super Nintendo and the Super Mario games? Or the Nintendo and Super Mario? Or Sega and Sonic? Anyone feel like doing some research?

Edited by jer_stud56, 18 December 2007 - 04:32 AM.

#3 andi_06

andi_06

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE(jer_stud56 @ Dec 18 2007, 02:07 PM) View Post

That's quite a bit lol. I wonder how that compares to the Super Nintendo and the Super Mario games? Or the Nintendo and Super Mario? Or Sega and Sonic? Anyone feel like doing some research?

Here you go. http://en.wikipedia....ing_video_games

#4 fanle

fanle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:24 AM

lol i love the ps3s addition to that list

PlayStation 3

PlayStation 3 games that have sold one million copies or more.

* Resistance: Fall of Man (2 million)
* MotorStorm (1 million)

just goes to show their exclusives suck

#5 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE(jer_stud56 @ Dec 17 2007, 10:07 PM) View Post

not really a fair comparison as they were pack-ins...

#6 gunzdiesel

gunzdiesel

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:40 AM

You also have to take into account how many people purchased additional 360's after their's got the RROD. I know I've bought 3 360's personally. (2 RROD)

#7 colt45joe

colt45joe

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 09:27 AM

the other half pirated it?

#8 africamagical

africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(colt45joe @ Dec 18 2007, 10:03 AM) View Post

thats exactly what i was thinking

#9 djtonic

djtonic

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(gunzdiesel @ Dec 18 2007, 06:16 AM) View Post

You also have to take into account how many people purchased additional 360's after their's got the RROD. I know I've bought 3 360's personally. (2 RROD)

Luckily i never had a problem with mine but the majority of owners would have returned it for repair under warranty. A very small percentage of people have voided their warranties like everyone here.

~Dj~

#10 effbee05

effbee05

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(colt45joe @ Dec 18 2007, 04:03 AM) View Post

I doubt it, I know plenty of people with 360's and no Halo3.
I don't play FPS's on consoles anyway then on top of that the Halo's are pretty lame FPS's.

#11 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:43 PM

this is one time where i prefer to be the minority.

#12 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,995 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:01 PM

But the great thing is Halo 3 is not the only decent game to choose from. I already have it but there's so many awesome games..I'm waiting for January Sales on them to get some good deals.

#13 katapaltes

katapaltes

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE(colt45joe @ Dec 18 2007, 03:03 AM) View Post

I hope not. That would be a waste of a good blank DVD. I bought Halo 3 only because I could pick it up from the Microsoft Company Store for $25 shortly after launch, thanks to my taking a class at one of their support locations. I just finished it last night and it was every bit as lame as Halo 2, for which I paid full price three days before launch date. I bought my 360 console at about the same time as I bought Halo 3, and I hope they don't count my console purchase as a vote for that crappy game via some kind of "attach rate" or something. I bought my 360 for one game: Bioshock. It's the only game for me that comes close to the ground-breaking experience that HALO was for the original Xbox.

Sorry for the vent, but Bungie and Halo 2 / 3 piss me off. I speculated on this site or another before Halo 3 was released that Bungie was likely publicly bad-mouthing Halo 2 not out of contrition, but for marketing Halo 3, pure and simple. Why else would they wait until right before Halo 3 to admit Halo 2 was crap? I'm glad Bungie is divorced from MS now, but they won't get any more of my money until they put out a decent game.
-kat

#14 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:56 AM

god, im sick of seeing morons bitch about halo2/3... what the fuck were you expecting: the game to slap you in the face and give you a blowjob? all 3 are GREAT console shooters, nothing more, nothing less... were you really THAT blown away by halo that it was the fucking end all be all of video games/life? seriously?

halo happens to be the flagship xbox series so people actively want it to fail and will grasp at fucking straws to find faults* and race to get on their fav forum to tell everyone how the game "obviously" sucks so they can fullfill their little 'im not like everyone else' bullshit...

every time something is new everyone thinks its fucking fantastic; once its sequal comes out everyone hates it and it cant possibly compare to the original... gee i wonder what will happen when gears 2 comes out... rolleyes.gif

*normally something as vague as 'more of the same'(which is often accompanied by them bitching about everything new rolleyes.gif) or 'not as good as the original'...

#15 jer_stud56

jer_stud56

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE(andi_06 @ Dec 17 2007, 10:32 PM) View Post

Awesome didn't realize it was that simple. Thanks for the link.
Theres nothing wrong with liking or disliking Halo 2, 3, or even 1. Not like the world will be over if someone doesn't like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users