freesafety13

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 December 2007 - 04:56 AM

I purchased a ps3 for my wife for xmas and the only thing I want to use as is a blu-ray player. However, with its divx support, I can now stream movies to it like the xbox. My question is, if I use a divx converter, like winavi, will I be able to convert my old movies to an hd format like 720p or 1080i? I know nothing about video conversion, but I have read that with tvverstiy, or something like that, I can stream hd content. I think I know how to stream, but I am unsure if I could take an older movie, like Independence Day, and convert it to an hd format, like 1280x720 and have it be true hd and not just upconversion. I know 1080p is considered "true" hd. I guess what I am asking is, is it possible to take a movie that was originally meant to be displayed at a maximum resolution of 480p and convert it to 720p or higher? And if it is, what all do I need to know in regards to conversion, streaming, and decoding, and how it relates to pc and network limitations.

A link to a well written, articulate article would be lovely.

Thanks in advance to all responses to this matter.

#2 freesafety13

freesafety13

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:56 AM

Hello?

#3 Jimz360

Jimz360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:08 AM

It is possible to upconvert to 1080p but pointless, the qaulity of the dvd wont really get better than at watching it at 480p, best off getting blueray movie honestly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users