PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:06 AM

UT3 on PS3 Gets First User-created mod
Posted by XanTium | 21-12-2007 0:06 EST

From 1up.com:

As Epic explained on its forums delays dotting the i's and crossing the t's held up the tools needed for modders to make their content PS3 compatible. While it usually takes a little while for the mod scene to really cranking anyway, that sparked some disappointment that PS3 gamers wouldn't be able to start adding user-created mods to their game right out of the box.

The public release of those tools remains in limbo (don't worry; it shouldn't be too long our sources say). In the meantime, Epic themselves have stepped in and using their developer version of the tool have packaged up a surprise Holiday treat for PS3 UT3 gamers. The first ever user-created, not to mention FREE, map for Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 is DM-Shrine by Thomas Browett, who goes by the name Setheran on the official UT3 forums.

Here is how to install UT3 mods on your PlayStation 3.
1. Unzip the file to the root directory of any memory card that is readable by your PlayStation 3. It is already in the proper directory structure but, just in case, the path and filename need to be: ps3\savedata\blus30086-modimport\userdata.jam
2. Boot up Unreal Tournament 3 on your PS3
3. Go to the "Community" menu
4. Choose "My Content"
5. Press the [SQUARE] button to "Import Mod"
6. Follow the directions on the screen to import it from your memory card.

Full Story: 1up.com
Download: files.filefront.com

#2 Rodiks

Rodiks

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

The unreal series is a very good series it always excites me with its fluid gameplay. And also I would like to comment about the guns used in the game they are all cool and good-looking. Hope UT3 doesn't disappoint great fans of the series like me when it arrives on shelves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users