2 replies to this topic

#1 Widowmaker

Widowmaker

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:15 AM

I am running Nexgen dashboard, Xecuter 2 Pro, 4976.02 bios, retail drive and MameX B6 release. My path to MameX is E:AppsEmulatorsMameX. My Roms folder and Sample folder reside in that directory. My Roms are found, displayed and run fine. My problem is that Roms requiring additional sound samples do not play the additional sounds. I have double checked and my Sample folder contains the necessary samples (zipped of course) and the samples are named appropriately to match their respective rom. The Mame ini file is default with samplepath as d:samples and rompath as d:roms. Since my Roms are being found and are working it only stands to reason that the same should apply for the samples. I have tried all I can think of so any suggestions are welcome.

Edit: For testing I added Mame-ox in E:\Apps\Emulators\Mame-ox and placed my roms and sample folders in that directory. The sounds work with the games in question.

So what is making mamex not use the sample sounds?

Edited by Widowmaker, 09 June 2003 - 03:00 AM.

#2 mr jones

mr jones

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 05:09 AM

Make sure that you have samples enabled. Go to you mame.ini file, open it up, and look for a section that looks like this:

### Mame CORE sound options ###
samplerate 44100
samples 1
resamplefilter 0
sound 1
volume 0

The samples line should be set to "1". If it's "0", then its disabled.

Edit:
Also, how is NeXtgen working for you? I know that folks have said that it hasn't quite gone beyond a public beta as yet, and I haven't played with it much since early this year. Has it ran stable for you so far?

Edited by mr jones, 09 June 2003 - 05:12 AM.

#3 Widowmaker

Widowmaker

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 12:35 PM

That was the problem biggrin.gif . Thanks for the help. beerchug.gif

Nexgen has been stable for me. I have two gripes though. FTP is all but useless. File transfer errors and slow transfers. I did what most others did and left evox as an application so I could load it for file tranfers. Second gripe is that I would like to be able to customize the main menu more. You can add individual items to it (ie. I have evox dash as an item) but you cannot add groups (ie. a group called emulators with all your emus in it).
You have to go into the already existing storage group and sub groups there. Thats really a feature issue so its no big deal.

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users