Xbox Hard Drive To Pc
Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:31 PM
The tutorial here partially worked, but I have some minor changes to it:
How to prepare a hard drive for use on a PC:
1. Get the software tools you need.
a. You need a DOS boot disk image to write to a CD or floppy.
b. You need to get ATAPWD
c. Get a tool to manipulate images such as MagicISO.
2. Add ATAPWD to the image file and write it to the floppy or CD. (You can do it with MagicISO)
3. Install the xbox hard drive in your computer.
4. Boot your computer from your boot disk.
6. Run ATAPWD. You may need to read autoexec.bat to figure out which drive your boot disk is on because you are put in A:\ with a DOS boot disk.
7. Select your hard drive from the list. (It will probably be the first one.)
8. Select the Security option.
9. Select Disable hard drive lock. (You must disable the lock or the hard drive will not work in a pc.)
10. Enter TEAMASSEMBLY for the password. (case sensitive) Optionally, you can choose to erase the drive.
11. The hard drive is unlocked and it will be detected by Windows. You will need to format it, so you can use it.
The password may not work for everyone, but the password from the other tutorial I mentioned previously is too long for ATAPWD. I used the hdunlock tool with that password, which allowed me to unlock the drive, but not disable it.
Please let me know if it works for anyone.
Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:56 AM
Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:14 PM
It's a lot easier to unlock the hard drive with the xbox with configmagic, or your modchip bios, if available.
It definitely is! Configmagic wasn't working on my xbox and my modchip never worked quite right, so I had to do it the hard way. I probably could have reinstalled configmagic...
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users