• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 keq1381

keq1381

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

It is not an easy task to put your xbox hard drive into a pc. I had a modded xbox, with a 120 GB hard drive, that I didn't use any more. I wanted to put the hard drive into an enclosure for some extra storage for my laptop. I searched the internet for tools, tutorials, etc., but they did not work. This may not work for everyone either, but it is worth trying.

The tutorial here partially worked, but I have some minor changes to it:

http://www.xbox-scen...cles/pc-hdd.php

How to prepare a hard drive for use on a PC:

1. Get the software tools you need.
a. You need a DOS boot disk image to write to a CD or floppy.
b. You need to get ATAPWD
c. Get a tool to manipulate images such as MagicISO.

2. Add ATAPWD to the image file and write it to the floppy or CD. (You can do it with MagicISO)

3. Install the xbox hard drive in your computer.

4. Boot your computer from your boot disk.

6. Run ATAPWD. You may need to read autoexec.bat to figure out which drive your boot disk is on because you are put in A:\ with a DOS boot disk.

7. Select your hard drive from the list. (It will probably be the first one.)

8. Select the Security option.

9. Select Disable hard drive lock. (You must disable the lock or the hard drive will not work in a pc.)

10. Enter TEAMASSEMBLY for the password. (case sensitive) Optionally, you can choose to erase the drive.

11. The hard drive is unlocked and it will be detected by Windows. You will need to format it, so you can use it.

The password may not work for everyone, but the password from the other tutorial I mentioned previously is too long for ATAPWD. I used the hdunlock tool with that password, which allowed me to unlock the drive, but not disable it.

Please let me know if it works for anyone.

#2 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:56 AM

It's a lot easier to unlock the hard drive with the xbox with configmagic, or your modchip bios, if available.

#3 keq1381

keq1381

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(Movax @ Dec 22 2007, 11:32 PM) View Post

It's a lot easier to unlock the hard drive with the xbox with configmagic, or your modchip bios, if available.

It definitely is! Configmagic wasn't working on my xbox and my modchip never worked quite right, so I had to do it the hard way. I probably could have reinstalled configmagic...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users