2 replies to this topic

#1 SacredTerror

SacredTerror

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:50 AM

I did one Ndure install and after learning everything it went pretty flawlessly. I then offered to do it for a friend while my computer was still open and what not. I was sure to make a new iso with the different kernel version, and then proceeded to do everything the same. Everything went fine on the computer screen. But when I turned on the xbox, all i get is error 07.

I've read up and error 07 is HDD timeout. My questions are 1. why did this happen and 2. if i put my old chip in the box, what would i have to change to reverse what I've done?

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:41 PM

Hi,

I assume you used the hotswap method to install the softmod.

If the harddisk jumper settings are set right and the ide cable didn't got damaged, than probably the disk itself got damaged during the hotswap.

You could install your chip and read the xbox eeprom. With that file, you can unlock the disk and view it's contents with the xboxhdm program on pc.

If that doesn't work and the disk is damaged, you can prepare a new disk for use in the xbox. Make sure your disk is lockable if you intend to use it with a softmod or without a mod.

You can find the M$dash files that you need on the disk C and E partition in the Slayers rescue package. You can use the Qwix program to extract the slayers xiso.

regards.

#3 SacredTerror

SacredTerror

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:49 AM

It's definitely not the ide cable, I switched that with another xbox and the other xbox still works fine. I have no idea what the jumper settings are supposed to be, or even what they are. I've never done anything with jumper settings so I couldn't tell if something was wrong with it. What is it supposed to look like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users