• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 s1k3sT

s1k3sT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

This is my motherboard. I've never flashed a BenQ before, so I'm not sure I'm doing it right. I followed XboxHazE's guide in the forums, and I've tried quite a few times now, but it won't work.

My MB has an Intel ICH8 southbridge, and in the readme for dosflash it says "Intel SATA Controller IDE (ICH8)". I assumed that meant I could do it. Well, after a couple hours of trying to get it to work (and it not working) I'm starting to think it won't work. Could someone please tell me if it's possible or not? And if it's not, what is the cheapest sata card that works? Thanks in advance!

Edited by s1k3sT, 27 December 2007 - 05:09 PM.

#2 ProdigalDragon

ProdigalDragon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:35 PM

I'm in the same spot as the above poster. Any help is appreciated.

#3 DMAddict

DMAddict

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:01 AM

This one from Newegg works great with my BenQ. Only $20 + Shipping. wink.gif

#4 milamber

milamber

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

Funny how so many people just see that list, find their chipset and think "Woo-hoo! I can do this using my mobo, who needs a VIA card?" - and you all miss the VERY FIRST line of the Readme:

"BenQ optimization in unlocking the flash chip, it should now be possible to read/write/erase the flash without any soldering or wire tricks, the drive is polled for the correct mtk unlocking status after power on, this only works for VIA cards and NForce boards atm"

AND the line DIRECTLY above the list:

"the following controller list includes vendor and device IDs that are hardcoded to identify the controller type (IDE or SATA), this is needed if the BIOS uses IDE ports like 0x01F0 or 0x0170 as SATA and not as IDE channels, this list is NOT related to soft flashing"

I believe you can use your Intel-based motherboard only if you follow the old method where traces need to be cut and a switch soldered on.

Just get a VIA card and you will be all set.

Edited by milamber, 09 January 2008 - 12:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users