Photo

Are These Tutorials Still Current For Ndure/xboxhdm Softmod?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ColKurtz

ColKurtz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:57 AM

I currently have an xbox with a modchip running xbmc. I want to build a 2nd xbmc box, so I just got a v1.0 refurb and would like to softmod it. I've read the guides/tuts and feel confident enought to get started, but I just want to make sure the following tutorials are still the "best" ones to follow. I know new info can come up sometimes that might not necessarily get updated in the tutorials.

Apparently I have to install ndure on the stock HDD first to extract the eeprom. Is textbook's pinned tutorial still an accurate/preferred guide?

Once I have my eeprom, is Kingroach's xboxhdm for dummies still a good overview of how to build a new, larger, drive?

The guides are pretty detailed, so thanks in advance to everyone who made the tools and wrote the guides. Just don't want to find out too late that there was info I should have been aware of. Any alternate tutorials I should check out? Any gotchas I should be aware of that might not be reflected in the above tutorials?

Thanks again.

#2 galneon

galneon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:06 AM

Use Texbook's guide after familiarizing yourself with the few changes in Ndure 3.1. I just did it tonite and had no problems with the slightly outdated guide. I just ignored the part about downloading a new Ndure script as that was written before v3.1. Other than that, it's pretty much the same. Only problem for me is now that I'm ready to transfer my working install to a new HDD, I don't have room to fit it on a single CD...

#3 galneon

galneon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:15 AM

No edit feature? In case anyone wondered or is having my same problem, I cloned my new HDD with xboxhmd minus most of the E: partition, particularly apps and some backup stuff, and FTP'd them in afterwards. 79 minute CD ;)

#4 ColKurtz

ColKurtz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(galneon @ Dec 29 2007, 02:42 AM) View Post

I just ignored the part about downloading a new Ndure script as that was written before v3.1.

Thanks. So Ndure 3.1 creates an ndure.htm... I still need to rename that ndure (no extension), and don't need the updated script?

#5 galneon

galneon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

Yep, I just renamed the 3.1 ndure.htm to ndure. It's strange that the installer creates a .htm still, though... It may not matter and run normal regardless of the extension, but I removed .htm just to be safe.

Edited by galneon, 31 December 2007 - 09:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users