3 replies to this topic

#1 Thundercleese

Thundercleese

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:15 PM

Hi there guys im sorry if this is in the wrong section, i wasnt sure where to put it.

Ok I live in australia and i just bought my first 360 which is an elite with falcon cpu ( said 203 on outside box but has 175 on power brick). Now the problem is that is has a hitachi. I wanted a benq, hearing they were quieter. I have never heard a louder console in my life! Its like a vacuum cleaner or aeroplane, but only when using a 360 game disc.

When i put in a xbox 1 dvd or play an arcade game off hdd its really quiet, but a 360 game disc just make it turn into the loudest device of all time. Im crapping myself thinking that i got dudded on this?

So my questions are- Should i use the return policy at the store to swap for a newer one? and Is there a way to check for a benq drive from the outside of the box?

When i purchased it i made them show me a real box ( instead of display box) so i could check for falcon but they refused to let me open it up for full check. I also asked if this was the newest elite stock they had and he gave me "yes yes" but im sure this guy was full of shite, he didnt even know that pros were coming with hdmi. I think i need to demand to see someone with some authority at this store.

Sorry if theres topic on this already, ive searched for and looked through quite a few but i couldnt find the answers i need, and the sooner i return it the less hassle. Thanks in advance for any answers.

#2 DeMoN_DARREN

DeMoN_DARREN

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:48 PM

No way to do a full check, you did well to get a falcon. The Hitachi is a loud mofo, but there are always things to get around it such as acoustic padding. If noise really is your main concern, then sure you can, but it might take you a few tries

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:54 PM

You didn't get ripped off. that is how they are. My new one is the same. My launch one is much quieter. I recommend a good Home Theatre system and crank up the volume. Works for me smile.gif

#4 Thundercleese

Thundercleese

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for your answers. Im going to keep it, after more reading i see that the benq's can scratch and arent that much quieter anyways. I was just surprised how quiet it is with a normal dvd or xbox 1 game then bang! the 360 game disc sets the turbines going.

I heard they were loud when 360 launched, but i had no idea it would be that loud. I guess ill just have to get used to it, i think i'll look into the padding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users