• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jor-El226

Jor-El226

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:32 PM

Ok, so I have 2 x 360's an elite and a premium. So I took the premium along with the 120 hdd by my mom to download the content. Everything went fine. Played a little on the premium sys while I was there.

Now, I'm back home, and have the 120 hdd back on the elite. Boot up Boishock, and go to load my save, and it tells me the download content required to load the save is not available :S So I swap back over the 120hdd to the premium sys and try again and it works!

Isn't the content I downloaded saved on the hdd? And why can't I access it when it's attached to the elite?

Thanks for the help

#2 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(Jor-El226 @ Dec 29 2007, 04:08 PM) View Post

Ok, so I have 2 x 360's an elite and a premium. So I took the premium along with the 120 hdd by my mom to download the content. Everything went fine. Played a little on the premium sys while I was there.

Now, I'm back home, and have the 120 hdd back on the elite. Boot up Boishock, and go to load my save, and it tells me the download content required to load the save is not available :S So I swap back over the 120hdd to the premium sys and try again and it works!

Isn't the content I downloaded saved on the hdd? And why can't I access it when it's attached to the elite?

Thanks for the help

it's locked to the console it was purchased on so you have to be logged into live on the same account it was Downloaded with on another console. sad.gif

#3 Jor-El226

Jor-El226

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

I logged onto live with only one account. I didn't realise it would be locked to a specific console though. So, I'll have to carry the elite unit itself next time in addition to the 120 hd and re-dlwonload to use the content? meh, that's annoying
Thanks for the info though

#4 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:50 PM

same for arcade games, which is lame... i took my 120 to a friends and we were only able to play the trial versions of full games i have...

#5 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:55 PM

XBL Security works in the following way:

You buy something it gets tied to your ACCOUNT and your BOX.

Items that are tied to the BOX work offline and for any profile on that box.

Items that are tied to an ACCOUNT will work on any box but the account must be validated ONLINE.

This is to prevent people from illegally sharing downloaded content. While I have also felt MS should have a better license managment system, where they can revoke a license and transfer it to another system. They just don't have it yet.

Your content will work on the other box, but you MUST connect to Live with your profile to use it.

Edited by Havok, 29 December 2007 - 08:56 PM.

#6 Jor-El226

Jor-El226

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:11 AM

gotcha, thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users