• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sleepybrown

sleepybrown

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:18 PM

Hello to all. In june I was pretty lucky. I spoke to 3 different people who had xenium chips. I went with the gold for $40 shipped, someone else had 4 xenium ice chips,but I think they sold them all, they haven't been on here since september. I was doing the xbox that was going to have the xenium for my self (the 7 or 8th one modding a xbox has too many options biggrin.gif ). My cousin saw it and wanted the xbox. To make things easy I gave it to him. I have another, but was was damaged in a move a few years ago (a x2.3 lite chip with the swich board somehow was ripped off, still works though). I'm looking to mod that one. I posted a few wanted ad's around for a chip. Does anyone know where I can find one or two? If I was really thinking, I would had bought about 20+ of xenium modchips. huh.gif

#2 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:38 AM

Xenium no longer produces products I'm sorry to say. You will have to go with a comparable chip such as an Executer or find some used ones somewhere.

Edited by CJLee89, 31 December 2007 - 01:38 AM.

#3 sleepybrown

sleepybrown

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:28 AM

I wonder exactly why they had stopped. It is bad to see such an innovative chip to go. It was the easiest chip I used. I tried on xbox scenes, is there anywhere else to look for it?

#4 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:27 AM

you could try some over seas shops to see if they have any in stock. have fun paying for shipping though. im not sure if ebay will allow the sale of chips.

#5 JDawg117

JDawg117

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Music<br />Yo Mama
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:40 PM

I tried modding my xbox about a year ago. the xbox itself was messed up (used, gamestop). the xbox broke. I still have the xenium gold mod chip. i think it was just the xbox that broke but I have no way of testing wether or not the chip is okay. I paid ~$70 for it on mod-chip.com sad.gif

#6 SandmanCL

SandmanCL

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(sleepybrown @ Dec 29 2007, 08:54 PM) View Post

Does anyone know where I can find one or two? If I was really thinking, I would had bought about 20+ of xenium modchips. huh.gif

I feel your pain sad.gif

I've modded xboxes for myself, friends and family in the past for them to have an excellent media center. The last chip I bought was a Xenium Gold sometime during the spring of last year. Had I known they would stop production I would stock up for sure.

I'm gonna piggyback off of this thread and ask a question to the scene:
Our bedroom xbox broke the other day so I need to mod a new one. I'm a Xenium "veteran" and have no experience with other chips. Is the installation procedure the same on the Xecuter chips ? Will I be able to copy the original drive over to a new drive by temporarily replacing the dvd drive with the new hard drive ?

This is the procedure I'm used to:

1. install pin-header
2. solder some wires. Complexity depending on xbox version
3. Plug in mod chip, solder D0
4. Flash chip with bios of choice
5. Remove cd drive, plug in new hard drive
6. use Xenium OS to do drive duplication
7. reconnect cd drive & replace old hard drive with new hard drive
8. hope that everything works smile.gif
9. re-assemble

If anyone could recommend a chip for me which would require the least amount of learning new procedure, I would highly appreciate it ! happy.gif

#7 PDG1

PDG1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:18 AM

yea, I got a Xenium Ice from Modchipman.ca .
the .ca site isn't even up anymore.

for some reason, Xbox DVD drives are always dieing around me. The only way I knew how to fix the problem was to Mod the console so they could play straight off the HDD. I've only ever used the Xenium Ice... and now that Xenium has stopped production, what should I do?
what's the deal with other chips?

Oh, and if anyone knows a good store I could get it from, I'm living in PG, BC, Canada.

#8 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(PDG1 @ Mar 31 2008, 07:54 PM) View Post

yea, I got a Xenium Ice from Modchipman.ca .
the .ca site isn't even up anymore.

for some reason, Xbox DVD drives are always dieing around me. The only way I knew how to fix the problem was to Mod the console so they could play straight off the HDD. I've only ever used the Xenium Ice... and now that Xenium has stopped production, what should I do?
what's the deal with other chips?

Oh, and if anyone knows a good store I could get it from, I'm living in PG, BC, Canada.

or you could just buy a new DVD drive and swap them out...

#9 sleepybrown

sleepybrown

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:12 AM

Heres an update. I'm still looking LOL. I found a guy for $60, so far, but it's an ice. I just might go for it if there is nothing left. I had a chance via ebay, but I do not deal with ebay. Just wanted to let you guys know how far it went. I'm just thinking about either finding the external/switch board for my xecuter or just buying a new one.

#10 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:33 AM

http://secure.llamma...products_id=780

Samsung drive for $60. Unless you need a chip for modding purposes otherwise just get a another drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users