• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Creativity

Creativity

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:06 AM

I recently purchased a Xb0x 36O and with the ridiculous prices of games these days I'm definitely prepared to mod my Xb0x 36O but would like to be sure about some stuff before doing so...

First of all before proceeding; Is there anyway to play burnt games without opening the Xb0x 36O?[u]
That could mean; by hacking a game and burning it to disc, or by somehow flashing the DVD drive firmware without opening it...?

Now if I would proceed to open the box would I be able to back-up my original drive firmware (retail) if sometime later on I would perhaps want to play on xb0x live?

And is assembling it easy? tongue.gif probably stupid question, I wouldn't be at all surprised if no one has ever asked this question before, but I would like to be certain that putting it back together will be easy...

#2 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:23 AM

You should read the pinned topics before asking questions. That way most of your questions would have already been answered.

You canít mod your 360 without opening it up. You WILL void your warrantee doing this.

You will need to make a backup of your original firmware on your drive to hack it.

YOU WILL HAVE TO READ THE PINNED TOPICS AND TUTORIALS OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR CONSOLE!

So that is where you will need to start. Go do some research of the great wealth of info that is already here for you and after you are done then if you have any questions please feel free to ask and someone may be able to help you.

#3 milamber

milamber

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(Creativity @ Dec 30 2007, 02:42 PM) View Post

I recently purchased a Xb0x 36O and with the ridiculous prices of games these days I'm definitely prepared to mod my Xb0x 36O but would like to be sure about some stuff before doing so...

You're walking a very thin line with comments like this. Piracy is not tolerated on this site.

As Ranger mentioned you need to read the pinned topics, especially the rules regarding what is and is not allowed.

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:58 PM

It is quite clear you have not read the pinned topics or the rules here.
Closed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users