• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 SlipperyBits

SlipperyBits

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:30 PM

OK, so I had my TS ms28 drive hooked up to my via sata card to update my xtreme 5.2 fw to ixtreme 1.4 using Textbook痴 bad-flash recovery method and iprep. The same method I successfully used to flash the drive originally.

I had to start over several times after making small errors in the reading phase:

- I began with the Sata cable plugged into the Xbox and then plugged it into the via sata card at the DOS prompt instead of beginning with the cable in the Sata port and then plugging it into the DVD ROM at the DOS prompt.

- Secondly I selected the extreme port to read before switching of the console.

These seem like small errors but I have been as comprehensive in my explanation as possible in the hope that someone will be able to help me.

I noticed that several times during this process, only a minute or 2 after switching on the console 2 sectors around the power switch were flashing red and I could not turn the console off at the switch and had to do it at the mains.

The final attempt everything was going ok, it was reading the firmware. It had cycled to 100%, then started over. It got to 25% and the red flashing began AGAIN! I then switched the console off at the mains again. This is as far as I got I NEVER got past the reading phase.

Not understanding what the hell was going on, I plugged the console into a TV to see if it was ok. This is what happens now every time I switch it on.

It boots fine. The game loads. I can even start to play the games. HOWEVER after not much more than a minute the 2 red sectors start flashing. The game stops and I cannot switch the console off except at the mains.

Shortly after the fans power down and all that remains is the menacing flashing red lights (2 sectors, the other 2 remain unlit).

I always thought that a bricked unit or RRoD indicated a completely dead unit. Can someone PLEASE explain what I may have done to my poor console and if there is a remedy?

#2 bozza69

bozza69

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:22 AM

wich 2 red lights are lit?

2 red lights is a overheating thing... you have left the plastic air tunnel off? or the fans unplugged or somethn

#3 SlipperyBits

SlipperyBits

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:59 AM

Well I feel quite the fool. Was flashing my DVD drive and testing it without the CPU tennel on. Guess that explains the overheating issue and twin red lights. Thank the lord, and u to bozza69.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users