3 replies to this topic

#1 hailmatt69

hailmatt69

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

Hey, I have a samsung ms28 drive flashed with ixtreme 1.3, 12x. The drive seems to be eating discs. I made a backup of oblivion and after a week or so of playing it I started getting the dirty disk error, tryed cleaning it, but that didnt work, so i eventually i just burned another copy and it worked.

Now I have a backup of assassin's creed, and I played it for 3 days, and its already getting the dirty disk error, I have checked the disk, and there are now obvios scratches, or dirt anywhere on the disk that I can see. But while playing this game it makes odd jamming sounds as the disk is spinning.

I used verbatim dual layers, made in singapore, for both of these backups. Can anyone tell me whats wrong?

Edited by hailmatt69, 02 January 2008 - 06:19 PM.

#2 zoomerman

zoomerman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:modding and modding some more
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:48 PM

yeh i had this problem a while ago and i have put it down to verbatim disc dye not as good as usual i used other media and had no problems since

#3 hailmatt69

hailmatt69

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

Well Assassin's creed was the last disk in the stack, and I'm about to go out and buy more, is there another media type that you would suggest?

#4 zoomerman

zoomerman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:modding and modding some more
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:45 AM

to be honest its really try n error i use the cheapest of the cheap now and never had a problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users