• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 benb1987

benb1987

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:18 AM

just wanted to show my frustration at this, anybody feel the same? want a ps3 but want to play some of the amazing ps2 games that are still available!!! think im just going to wait and see if another PAL ps3 with backwards compatibility comes out, dont want loads of consoles under my TV!

#2 FCTE

FCTE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:39 AM

I didn't care about BC when I bought mine, though sometimes I wish I had. I never owned a PS2, Xbox and PC only last gen, but there are some PS2 games that I'd like to play now.

I'd just buy a slimline with it being so cheap now (US), it shouldn't take up any space and you know it plays every game.

At worst you lose upscaling, but it's probably not that much of a difference besides less jaggies, based on the 360 upscaling.

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(benb1987 @ Jan 3 2008, 02:54 AM) View Post

just wanted to show my frustration at this, anybody feel the same? want a ps3 but want to play some of the amazing ps2 games that are still available!!! think im just going to wait and see if another PAL ps3 with backwards compatibility comes out, dont want loads of consoles under my TV!

You won't have to wait too long for a PAL 80GB with BC. Remember where you heard this.

#4 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:31 AM

Get a 20GB or 60GB if you can find it; those are the ones with hardware BC. The 80GB has software BC and doesn't support the full library. I found a 60GB one, myself, and I'm thrilled I did smile.gif

#5 gibletboy

gibletboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Jan 5 2008, 02:07 AM) View Post

Get a 20GB or 60GB if you can find it; those are the ones with hardware BC. The 80GB has software BC and doesn't support the full library. I found a 60GB one, myself, and I'm thrilled I did smile.gif

Me too! I happened across a post (don't know if it was here) that someone had a Kmart by them with 4 60GB in stock just sitting there. I have a Kmart by my house as well and thought I'd check it out. Sure enough they had one on the shelf. It was new in box and the box was covered in dust. The store is a ghost town. They only had one cashier and over 10 people were waiting in line to check out. Shows you how much they have to pay staff. Anyway, I can't believe how good PS2 games look when they are upscaled to 720p on my HDTV. I had all but given up hope of playing my PS2 on my HDTV since it looked AWFUL even with component cables. PS3 does the job great and it has the emotion chip in it so it has better BC than 80GB. Plus, Kmart has a 90 day return policy if something goes wrong!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users