Far Beyond Driven

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:11 PM

I've been tinkering in Photoshop to make the skins I wanted for a few emulators, but I can't finish them (text alignment/colours need doing) because my joypad's knackered and my FTP cable is lent out. I'll buy a new pad when I can, but even then I don't want to officially release the skins.

The problem is, that I can't be sure they'll look correct on everyone's TVs. I've tested these on my cousins Xbox + standard def TV and all the sides are cut off! I think my telly does this but just on one side.. This totally ruins the look - especially the NES one. Theres no option to configure the menu overscan in Xport's emus so what can I do? Appolgies if these don't work well with your TV.

There's two skins here, one for MednafenX-NES and the other for NeoGenesis.
No music or configs, sorry. NG Re-Style has no splash/intro screen (I'm not really a fan of them).

Classic Mario 3 (Light and Dark versions)
Previews
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Based on the colours of the NES console. Mario pictures could be swapped out for another game to make another "Classic" style , but I can't really find any good ones.
DOWNLOAD

NG Re-Style
Previews
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
All similaraties with default NG skin are purely unintentional!
DOWNLOAD

Have you got any unfinished skins lying around in your Photopshop folder?

#2 lordpro

lordpro

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:47 AM

thanks for the skins laugh.gif

#3 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

They look really slick, nice work. smile.gif

#4 Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

Thanks.

How do they look on your tellies and do you have SD or HD?

#5 _watty_

_watty_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:09 PM

Your skins rocks! I had to make some adjustments to the jpgs to make it fit my tiny tube tv screen and i also had to enable 10x11 pixel (cant remember the exact name) to make it fit perfectly on my tv screen.

here's the basic skin i did.
Classic_Super_Mario_3.rar

NG_Re-Style.rar

#6 Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:07 PM

Your skins rocks! I had to make some adjustments to the jpgs to make it fit my tiny tube tv screen and i also had to enable 10x11 pixel (cant remember the exact name) to make it fit perfectly on my tv screen.

here's the basic skin i did.

Thanks, but you took the imagery out?

So, I got a lend of a joypad smile.gif and tried to sort these out for the non-configurable-guibackground-that-xport'll-not-fix-cause-he's-gone-and-proberbly-wouldn't-fix-anyways and got the NeoGenesis skin to just look alright on SD TVs. The Mario one I can't do much with.. It's on hold.

Here's some screenshots (text was done in Photoshop):

IPB Image IPB Image

Please read the readme.txt included for best results.
Download HERE

#7 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

Hey FBD,

You ever sort out the issues with these skins? I'd like to give them a spin, but it sounds like you had more work to do on them.

Later,
~Rx

#8 Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

I think they were nearly finished, I was just bothered about the oversizing that was happening with the frontends.

They were both later released on xbox.nugnugnug.com a few years ago (now gone) but I do have the last versions compiled on the Xbox HDD and here they are:
Mario Magic
NeoGen Re-Style2
No preview shots, sorry.

It's been a long time since I've tinkered in the Xbox-Scene and I don't know what developments have been made to the GUI on Xport's emus..I think you've got video previews and such now, but I don't know if widescreen is possible yet? and if the overscan issue is fixed or not?

I was working on widescreen versions of these two skins but I can't find the PSDs used back then..

Thanks for the interest, resx.

#9 ressurectionx

ressurectionx

X-S Knowledgebase

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

Cool man. I'll try them out. cool.gif

I'm trying to collect all the skins I can find for about 15 of the most popular (non-computer based) emulators and package them all together at some point so they don't get lost.

You should check out my thread. Click my banner. My team has done a ton of work the last few years and you've come back around at a very good time.

Unlike the way some other groups or individuals do things, we really have kept most of this to ourselves and anyone who took an active interest in helping the project. There have been releases here and there. A very outdated Xtras set about 9 months ago here, an XPORT public beta there.

We're about to spring a whole bunch of stuff on the scene. I really think what we're doing is going to revolutionize emulation in general, and not just on the XBox.

Madmab with the coding and Gilles artistry have been great and they've both hung in there for the long haul, working alongside my organizational abilities. It's a great dynamic.

There are things that madmab has been able to implement in the emulator that wouldn't have been possible unless somebody had gathered everything and put them in a uniform setup along with all the other people who have brought stuff to me while I tirelessly trudged on. And if madmab wasn't around while I took my work public, much of the stuff I've done would never have been done in the first place because I don't have the coding experience/knowledge to make my work work for me.

All the while we were working with Gilles to perfect the XPORT skinning experience. There are still some things I really want to see happen with the skinning someday, but it's light years beyond where it was 2 years ago.

After you're done checking out my thread, you should go to the usual spot and get the latest NES public beta and give it a spin.

It won't be a while yet until I release my stuff, but if you wanted to really give it a test drive in the mean time, there's plenty of goodies to download on the thread.

Later,
~Rx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users