• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 krimsonz

krimsonz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

Here is my problem: I turn on my xbox 360 with wireless controller. I play for 30-60mins and then turn the system off using the controller again. Xbox 360 shuts down but the wireless controller would then continously flash solid green in all 4 quadrants. If I try turning on Xbox 360 again, using guide button on the controller, it wouldn't work. If I try hand powering up the system by pressing the power button on xbox 360, it wouldn't work. The only way I can get it to work is by removing battery (regular AA) on the controller and then put it back on. By doing so, I can power up the system using guide button.

This happens occasionally, but not all the times --- Should I return my xbox 360 for an exchange? I just bought this 4-5 days ago.

#2 Lotus289

Lotus289

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:12 AM

Sounds like an issue with the controller to me. I think the controller is still searching for a system to sync to after the console is turned off. A few things I'd try:

Turn off the console by pressing the power button and see if the controller turns off (it should).
Try using another controller and see if you can replicate the problem. That'll tell you it's the console, not the controller.

If it's a bad controller I'd try to return that for a new one, if it's the console I'd return that and get a whole new setup.

#3 PrincessShadow04

PrincessShadow04

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:34 AM

I have the same problem and I can tell you that its not the controllers. Mine just started doing it about a month ago and it does it with all my controllers, wired and wireless. I even bought a brand new wireless one and it did the same thing. I think there is a short but I not sure where. There are times when it happens and I can turn it right back on and there are other times when I have to mess with that cord in the back. Once I was playing COD 4 and it just cut off. No freeze, no red ring on start-up...it just stopped...I hope someone can figure out whats going on before I end up having to get another one.

#4 Ch4d Vad3r

Ch4d Vad3r

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:03 PM

sounds like to need to change the batteries in the wireless controller if that is what you are using instead of a wired one

#5 Legen

Legen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(krimsonz @ Jan 3 2008, 06:31 PM)  

Should I return my xbox 360 for an exchange? I just bought this 4-5 days ago.

Sure why not return it and be happy why wait untell it dies totaly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users