• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mbawg

mbawg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hey I need a tutorial for a BenQ VAD 6038. I'm looking for a specific one that I used to flash before I had to reformat my computer. It didn't use DosFlash and It was in a .pdf form. Yes, I've tried searching, Yes I've looked in the pinned topics. Can anyone link me to a few tutorials. I mean the guide in the pinned tutorial still requires soldering.

Also don't give me a lot of shit, I've put effort into searching, either the search function on these forums is sub-par, or i'm an idiot.

Thanks smile.gif

Of course I find it after I make the post. I'm an ass.

Here it is for anyone else looking for it, it's a great guide.

http://360mods.net/F...oad/id=190.html

Sorry!

#2 treguard1982

treguard1982

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

Many thanks smile.gif

#3 OooNANDOooO

OooNANDOooO

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE(mbawg @ Jan 5 2008, 08:59 PM) View Post

Hi Guys, is this link no longer working?

#4 Jeno

Jeno

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE(OooNANDOooO @ Nov 3 2008, 01:01 PM) View Post

Hi Guys, is this link no longer working?

don't work for me either sad.gif shame too im doing my research before i rush in and brick a drive

#5 cypher21

cypher21

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

just go to 360mods.com and look in the tutorial section.

textbooks tutorial is still there, but prolly the link is changed

#6 rewen

rewen

X-S Member

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:You (this only applies to women)
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:26 AM

Easiest possible way, no soldering required, is just to do the following..

You will need Dosflash 1.6 or later, and the iXtreme 1.4 firmware for BenQ drives.

Preparations:
- Dosflash extracted to a folder somewhere.
- iXtreme 1.4 extracted to a folder somewhere.
- PC booted up into windows, SATA cable plugged into motherboard but not plugged into DVD drive.
- Xbox booted up powering the BenQ DVD drive (SATA unplugged)

1. Plug the SATA cable that is hanging out of your PC, into the Xbox DVDROM.

2. Load up Dosflash32 (from the folder that you extracted Dosflash 1.6 into).
It should display some messages as it probes your drives to find a BenQ drive. If one of the messages says that it thinks that there is a BenQ drive connected, and asks if you want to send the 'Magic Code', choose yes. Press No to any other messages for other drives, until there are no more messages.

3. Now choose Read from the drop list, and click Read Flash. It will ask for a filename and location for the file. Save it as ORIG.BIN inside of the '12x' folder (which is inside the folder you extracted iXtreme to).

4. Keep Dosflash32 open for later. Inside the '12x' folder, run the 'Make iXtreme firmware.cmd' file to generate a new firmware file using the key from your original firmware file. It will be named ix14.bin (or something similar)

5. Back in Dosflash32, choose Write from the drop list, and click Write Flash. It will ask for a filename to load. Choose ix14.bin from the 12x folder.

You will see it write the flash at the bottom of the window.

6. Done.

Edited by rewen, 05 November 2008 - 02:27 AM.

#7 cammacd

cammacd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:first person shooter<br />gta
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE(rewen @ Nov 4 2008, 11:02 PM) View Post

Easiest possible way, no soldering required, is just to do the following..

You will need Dosflash 1.6 or later, and the iXtreme 1.4 firmware for BenQ drives.

Preparations:
- Dosflash extracted to a folder somewhere.
- iXtreme 1.4 extracted to a folder somewhere.
- PC booted up into windows, SATA cable plugged into motherboard but not plugged into DVD drive.
- Xbox booted up powering the BenQ DVD drive (SATA unplugged)

1. Plug the SATA cable that is hanging out of your PC, into the Xbox DVDROM.

2. Load up Dosflash32 (from the folder that you extracted Dosflash 1.6 into).
It should display some messages as it probes your drives to find a BenQ drive. If one of the messages says that it thinks that there is a BenQ drive connected, and asks if you want to send the 'Magic Code', choose yes. Press No to any other messages for other drives, until there are no more messages.

3. Now choose Read from the drop list, and click Read Flash. It will ask for a filename and location for the file. Save it as ORIG.BIN inside of the '12x' folder (which is inside the folder you extracted iXtreme to).

4. Keep Dosflash32 open for later. Inside the '12x' folder, run the 'Make iXtreme firmware.cmd' file to generate a new firmware file using the key from your original firmware file. It will be named ix14.bin (or something similar)

5. Back in Dosflash32, choose Write from the drop list, and click Write Flash. It will ask for a filename to load. Choose ix14.bin from the 12x folder.

You will see it write the flash at the bottom of the window.

6. Done.

Great post rewen. benq is a simple drive to mod. Should be noted to unplug all optical (cd/dvd) drives from the computer first. The tools you are using can brick these drives if you should mistakenly choose them instead of your benq.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users