1 reply to this topic

#1 lingenfr

lingenfr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:00 AM

I have read all of the references to MythTV in this forum and have searched the web. I am looking for a skin that includes a button on the home page that launches xbmcmythtv. I have used the method that is recommended in the readme that comes with xbmcmythtv, but that is far too many clicks, etc for my spouse and young ones. I could easily do without the My Pictures button. I would be great if I could relabel the My Pictures button as My TV and move it to the top. I thought I had found the answer here:

http://andrew.diymar...bmc-and-mythtv/

but the id numbers he references are nowhere in the home.xml file. First, is there a skin that can be downloaded that already has a button for xbmcmyth? I looked over at xbox-skins.info and found one, but it had too much game stuff that I don't need. I would like to do the same thing the fellow did in the article I linked too. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.

#2 jabba200

jabba200

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:04 PM

as far as I know, you need to edit both home.xml and translate.xml.

to launch a script from hom.xml you need this line

<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(Q:\scripts\xbmcmythtv\default.py)</onclick>

The reason the guide dosent work is that its very old and xbmc has changed significantly since then.

also if using a skin that has a picture beside the option you want to choose (eg xtv) you can point home.xml to a .png in the media folder of the skin.

Edited by jabba200, 07 January 2008 - 07:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users