X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Halo 3 Live, Anime, XBMC.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:36 AM

Hey guys I read on one of the zune articles, showing its guts; that the ipod 60gb/80gb battery can work with the zune.

Anyways I bought a 950mah ipod 60gb/80gb battery from ebay. I'm hoping its the same and itll work, or that I'll have to modify the ribbon cable a bit. cool.gif.

Anyways from looking at a couple vids here and there it looks like the batteries are interchangeable. Anyways I'd be glad to know if anyone here has done anything like that here.

Also they say itll void my warranty, but how can they tell if I opened it, if theres no break seal deal.
So once I replace my battery I'll just hold onto my old one.
I bought an extended warranty from circuit city, but now seeing these mods kinda wished I didn't. But then again I still have some 20 some odd days to return the extended warranty. laugh.gif .

So yeah it'll be cool if anyone has info on this thanks.
oh yeah I got my zune for real cheap, "Brown for 99.99 from circuit city"

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:40 AM

Its pretty much impossible to open a Zune, without leaving a few small marks on it. But if you open it, you forfeit the warranty anyway.
I have never used an Ipod battery in a Zune, but as you have mentioned they are reported to fit.

#3 revengeismyfury

revengeismyfury

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:47 AM

yeah, but what your saying you see makes no sense to me. Theres no warranty sticker thingy to break. So as long as I make sure everything in the zune is the same before giving it to whoever to fix under warranty they'll have to fix it. The only reason why it wouldnt is if I broke something in it by opening it heh.
But hey if I void it I void it, I only waisted around 30$ anyways. If I have to void a warranty to get the features I want I'm gonna do it, after all I can fix it in the end for a bit of money. biggrin.gif

#4 revengeismyfury

revengeismyfury

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:15 AM

Hey guys, well good news, the Ipod 60/80gb 950mah battery fits in the Zune and theres barely enough ribbon cable for it to fit, takes 5 min to install. You can get it on ebay. Woot!

Other news I think I voided my warranty by having too much knicks on the usb plastic thing; that you have to remove to open the case.

But hey I've got an extended warranty with circuit city maybe they woln't notice heh, atleast its good to hope, I guess I'll find out if anything ever does go bad in the next 2 years heh. The Zune is definitely worth the money and beyond, I'll have this baby for the next 5 years, 1-2 years from now I'll upgrade it to 80gb.

Later guys hope this helps others with Microsoft Zune Mp3 Players.

PS: would have taken pictures but I just wanted to get it installed to see if it would work. Its a good thing that the pins on the ipod battery wasnt reversed or something, otherwise my Zune would have gone up in smoke, yikes!

Edited by revengeismyfury, 19 January 2008 - 02:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users