elocin671

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:14 AM

hey everyone. just wondering how long the typical xbox live suspensions last. heres the email i got..

Inappropriate Content

Do not respond to this email address. It is not monitored.

This email is to notify you that your Xbox Live account privileges have been suspended due to feedback received from other Xbox Live users about your inappropriate content on the service. Additionally, Xbox Live has deleted the content in question.

You have been sent a message in the Xbox Live Dashboard notifying you when your suspension will end. During this suspension time, you will not be able to log into Xbox Live. Your Xbox Live privileges will be automatically reinstated at the end of your suspension period. The length of a suspension is not announced by Xbox Customer Support and is subject to change without prior notice by Xbox Live.

Xbox Live expects that all customers abide by the Xbox Live Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while playing on the Xbox Live service. You can view the Code of Conduct from the Xbox Live Dashboard under Xbox Live Policies in Account Management, or by visiting http://www.xbox.com/...l/legal-tou.htm. Your failure to abide by the Code of Conduct in the future may result in, among other things, longer suspension periods or cancellation of your account.

If you have any questions regarding the Xbox Live Code of Conduct, please contact Xbox Customer Support.

Thank you

Xbox Live Community Management team

so yeah flame me if you want. but i just want to know how long should i expect to not be on live. i could care less cause after all this crap weve been having the past weeks, and i still have problems sometimes. i can wait for them to fix all their problems. but its pretty BS. cause i dont say anything bad on live. i think the feedback system is flawed, just because you pwn 12 year oldsand they all gang up on you and leave bad feedback for you, makes u suspended? its kinda gay. but yeah w/e i'll deal with it. so is it 3 days? 7? 14? thanks.

btw... how the he77 am i gona check my dashboard for the message about the duration if i cant sign into dashboard? i dont even have messages in my xbox.com inbox.

Edited by elocin671, 07 January 2008 - 08:16 AM.

#2 Camper3D

Camper3D

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:13 PM

3 days should be the duration. But if you want, call and ask for a manager. Be firm, but very polite. Do not threaten to cancel or anything like that. Just explain your case. I always wondered about this. How many file complaints does it take. I mean, you could really screw with someone if you got a bunch of friends together. I look at my percentage and I am at 77% of people who enjoy my play. I assume the other 23 are just noobs or pissed off people who I pwned...Which frankly doesn't happen that often.

HTH

Eric

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

Someone has reported you as a cheat or for something offensive in your motto. Note how it says inappropriate content.
You must be well aware of what you were suspended for as they don't suspend someone over a single/few complaints. Your rep is at zero by the look of it and it seems you have a quite unbelievable record at Halo 3.

#4 JUANVAN

JUANVAN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:10 PM

I was always wondering about that...
LOL my rep is not best, though for some reason I have 40% of my Bad rep for quiting a game, and that is soo not right. I have quit a total of maybe 10 games in HL3 out of 1100 something. Good luck with it!

#5 elocin671

elocin671

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:15 AM

actually my rep when i checked 2 days ago was at 40% avoided players. i dont think i have a unbelieveable halo record, theres a bunch of players way better then me. my gamertag is emocinX671. i get lagged out alot. probably these kids we pwnd got pissed off. but yeah probably something in my bio. because i put quotes "dont let me betchslap you shetbag". and also "fruitcake" "rainbow" "whoremish" "beezy".... so yeah thats probably what it was hahaha. but i really dont talk smack or use bad language.... or say anything when we win..

oh yeah.... and a bunch of people on my friends list have more than 60% avoided... they havent been suspended ever.
i think i got suspended for my motto, cause microsoft removed it. my motto just said 671Xpierementz...this is gay

Edited by elocin671, 08 January 2008 - 02:23 AM.

#6 elocin671

elocin671

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

this sucks.. im on a posting spree, since ive been suspended. haha. i made it to the days top posters list.

#7 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:28 PM

but yeah probably something in my bio. because i put quotes "dont let me betchslap you shetbag". and also "fruitcake" "rainbow" "whoremish" "beezy".... so yeah thats probably what it was hahaha.

Yet you are moaning at the way the kids on live act towards you Seems you have brought about the suspension.

#8 elocin671

elocin671

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:14 AM

yeah. i just learned now that everyone can see yourbio. i thought only my friends could. and most of my friends i know in person, so they wouldnt leave me bad feedback. so im going to not have a bio anymore. just waiting to sign back on live... but i know their still having problems. that sucks.

#9 elocin671

elocin671

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:09 AM

ok. i found how long im suspended for. 14 days. so yeah. i learned my lesson. and will not put a bio or motto. that way when kids file bogus feedback complaints cause me and my friends pwnd them, m$ cant suspend me for innapropriate content. although im sure that my gamertag is now marked. and a few bad feedbacks will kick me off for good sad.gif

#10 STEWART58

STEWART58

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:15 PM

My rep is like 90% bad

I only got a one day suspension for things other than rep

rep doesnt really make any difference to anything, it is when people file complaints against you that you can get suspended frm live tongue.gif sad.gif sad.gif tongue.gif sad.gif tongue.gif sad.gif

#11 Coluch

Coluch

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

So I just got an email saying I was suspended for my bio. It had, "I'm not gay I'm British." My friend who is british has a bumper sticker on his car that reads this. So how long should it take for my suspension to be over. I just bought NHL 10 today and when I got home and read my email I found this. Figures. I just got my xbox back from an E74 error too.

#12 zainday

zainday

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:41 PM

Now that Live will be linked with facebook and twitter. Makes you wonder if you will be suspended for things they don't approve of on your facebook account and or if they agree with what you tweet. I won't and don't use either but you might be leary of these things and the control people can have!

#13 SNAAAKE

SNAAAKE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

I dunno about this one but I got a 1 week ban on the original xbox for beasting on kids too much lol..

I had over 90% win ratio on cvs2 and apparently these gay "feedbacks" count for something. lose=leave BAD FEEDBACK. since these clowns cant do anything else about it.

#14 SovietSlayer

SovietSlayer

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:34 PM

What sucks is almost no one sends good feedback but only negative stuff when they are upset or angry. So basically the more games you play, the sooner you get to being banned.

You can always count on microsoft for creating a fail proof system like the xbox 360.

Edited by SovietSlayer, 31 October 2009 - 10:35 PM.

#15 scotty55

scotty55

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:41 AM

I was suspended for one day due to my motto "nick loves 8------D". I called xbox and tried to debate the suspension with no luck. They said all i could do is go onto the form on xbox live and try to talk with xbox live enforcement through the form, so i made a suggestion for xbox to have a different way to contact them to debate or at least get more information on why i was banned. I told xbox my friend nick had a girlfriend with a big nose but after 45 minutes of complaining i got nothing resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users