Protolisk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:38 AM

OK before I got an xbox 360 I made an xbox.com account. I stuffed up the registration and so the accounts a child account. How do I delete the account from xbox.com using the computer not xbox 360? Also when I get xbox live gold (right now the xbox 360 isn't connected to the internet) would be able to use my offline(Nick) account's game save, achievements etc. and change the name to Protolisk. So I would basically use my offline account online but with its name changed to Protolisk.

#2 elocin671

elocin671

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:55 AM

just simply change your profile name in the dashboard. If your trying to say you made an xbox.com account with the name "Protolisk"... then youd have to use Protolisk, and you cant use Nick(only offline), but then you wont have any gamesaves and that crap. but if you want to keep your account gamesaves and achievements for nick, then just change your profile name, create and new hotmail.com, or live.com email address, and connect your box to xboxlive after you change your nick account to Protolisk... then change it to either silver or gold account... you should make sure that the gamertag Protolisk isnt taken yet by going to xbox.com and creating a profile there. just pm me if you need help. and i can explain things more clear.

Edited by elocin671, 07 January 2008 - 08:59 AM.

#3 Protolisk

Protolisk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:00 AM

using the computer not xbox 360?

thats from my post above, smile.gif

#4 elocin671

elocin671

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:11 AM

oh... well then. did you read the STICKY!??

#5 Protolisk

Protolisk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:54 AM

Yeah thx for that. That only answers one of my questions, not my main one which is can I delete my xbox.com account using my computer NOT XBOX 360.

#6 elocin671

elocin671

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:32 AM

not sure if you can delete your gamertag. but you can close your hotmail or live account. which ever one you use to acess the .net system. so just log into hotmail with your email address that you made when you made the profile on the xbox website. example@hotmail.com, login... and then go to the options link at the to right hand corner, then go to settings and click on close account. this will delete your email account that is linked to your profile you made on the xbox website. now if you wanted to keep the profile you made on the xbox website... then youd loose all your achievements and that crap.. so the only way to keep your gamescore is to rename your profile with a gamertag that is not taken yet.. then upgrade it to a silver or gold account.

#7 Protolisk

Protolisk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:21 AM

Options>More Options>View and edit your personal information>Settings>Close account

Cannot close protolisk@live.com.au

To close your account, you must resolve one or more of the following issues:

* One or more paid services or a Microsoft Points account is linked to your account. To close this account, make sure each service is canceled and your Microsoft Points account is closed. Get help with this
* There is a Microsoft e-mail account (Windows Live Hotmail) associated with your account, so you can't close your Windows Live account immediately. To close your Windows Live account, you need to close your Microsoft e-mail account first. After a period of inactivity, your Windows Live account will automatically be closed. Close your Microsoft account.

Strange when I view I dont see this part

To close your account, you must resolve one or more of the following issues:

* One or more paid services or a Microsoft Points account is linked to your account. To close this account, make sure each service is canceled and your Microsoft Points account is closed. Get help with this

I only noticed it when I copy and pasted it. Doesn't seem to display in my browser.

And on the page before it says
Important: To delete personal information you have given to Windows Live or other Microsoft services, or any other site where you use this sign-in name, sign in to those sites and delete the information before you close your account. You will not be able to access those sites after your account is closed.

#8 elocin671

elocin671

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:26 AM

ok then... i have no clue. other than call M$ to cancel your account. cause thats the way i canceled 3 of my old gamertgs from xbox 1.

#9 Protolisk

Protolisk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:44 AM

cool thx anyway I'll try that.

#10 Protolisk

Protolisk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:32 AM

Ok I rang them and the person that picked up and said that you can transfer the account so she didn't delete it but I would of preferred it of been deleted. She also said that if I leave the account inactive for 90 days it will automatically delete itself but idk cause I had another account before I got an xbox 360 and I'm pretty sure I've left for more than 90 days and it didn't get deleted. PLus its easier if the accounts deleted and I make a new one than transfer it and all that.

She kept on trying to advertise gold membership though like when she said there wont be a fee for deleting the account or something because your on silver membership but if you were on gold then you can download arcade games, play games online with your friends etc. She must of said that at least 3 times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users