Photo

Mydsl Has Stopped Working, Can Anyone Help?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 joesnose

joesnose

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:31 PM

Hi,
i'm a linux noob, i mostly use it for surfing the net, and i'm trying to learn more.
I registered at the DSL forums but i couldn't find an answer. MyDSL extension panel has stopped working, the panel loads up but when i click on the catorgories nothing shows up. can anyone tell me how to fix it or how i can reinstall it? thanks.

#2 Master Reefed

Master Reefed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:45 AM

you can always manually download mydsl apps using the mydsl repository

http://distro.ibibli...amnsmall/mydsl/

mine has gotten messed up like that before, I just reinstalled and it worked fine.

#3 joesnose

joesnose

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:16 AM

thanks Master Reefed, i ended up doing a reinstall, now i have nothing but problems, i got wine from the mydsl, then i installed opera for windows, i want it for youtube. so i tried to make a shortcut on the desktop to the opera but i cant seem to find my .wine folder it must be somewhere as i ran the windows opera upon installation . but now i cant even use the terminal to point to the opera.exe as i cant find the .wine directory, did anyone understand me lol.

#4 stevewal

stevewal

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:conservastion, rock climbing, modding and gaming, gardening.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:39 PM

it should be in /home/dsl/.wine (if you used the wine version from the mydsl system repository)

open up emelfm. In /home/dsl click on the little "H" to the left of the address bar to show the hiddden directories and scroll down to .wine directory. (Just in case you did'nt know lol)

There is a fault with the mydsl auto installer on xdsl. You can use it as long as you don't use the UCI button, as it will screw the whole thing up sooner or later.

#5 joesnose

joesnose

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(stevewal @ Jan 10 2008, 04:15 PM) View Post

it should be in /home/dsl/.wine (if you used the wine version from the mydsl system repository)

open up emelfm. In /home/dsl click on the little "H" to the left of the address bar to show the hiddden directories and scroll down to .wine directory. (Just in case you did'nt know lol)

There is a fault with the mydsl auto installer on xdsl. You can use it as long as you don't use the UCI button, as it will screw the whole thing up sooner or later.

LOL, i didnt know about the H, thanks alot. And thanks for the info about the mydsl auto installer, do you know if i can fix it or must i reinstall.

Thanks again steve, you always come up with the goods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users