#1 evlone

evlone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 09:49 PM

Hello all..first post here.

I installed Daphne,it launches fine.

I placed the movie files in the mpeg/lair folder,Put the roms in the rom/lair folder.
Renamed the framefile to lair.txt as the nfo says in daphne.

first line of the framefile is ".mpeglair"

When daphne launches,it says click strart/A to start game and back for game options.When i click start i get a error stating it cannot find roms"SA____.bin ect ect"

that looks like it would be space ace roms to me.

how am i suppose to tell Daphne wich game to load?If it is the back button/game options,Daphne freezes everytime i click back at the startup screen of the emu.

I'm cluesless as to what to try next.

can anyone help me out?

TIA

muhaha.gif

#2 polysemous

polysemous

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:00 AM

I am also trying to figure this out. I think I have progressed a tad more.. but still stuck.

I found this:
1 - Make a simple text file called whatever you wish and put it inside the 'framefile' directory in your main daphne directory. For example, I might want to make a file called d:daphneframefileace.txt if I was a windows user.

2 - The first line of this file should contain the full path to your video and audio files. For example, if my video file was d:mpeg2sa_hq.m2v then the first line of my ace.txt file would be d:mpeg2

It sounds like your first line in lair.txt is a little screwy. Although, mine is correct (i think), and I still can't get mine to work.

#3 frank88b

frank88b

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:38 AM

Have there been any kind of substanstial tutorials written on DaphneX. I'm looking into installing it and would like to do so successfully.

Also, I heard you can use the mpeg files directly off of the dvd versions available for PC and the PS2. Is that correct?

#4 evlone

evlone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 05:12 AM

yah..I think its framefile related.

I'm kinda lost with it.I dont really want to give up on it but i havent had much luck.

What i think would help is if i could see a working framefile from someone.I'm sure i could figure it out then.

one thing i dont understand is say you have 2 games,lets say dragons lair and space ace.You make a framefile for each.Are you suppose to put them both in the framefile folder and if so how the hell does the emu know wich game to launch.maybe you only put the framefile in the folder for the game you want to launch?

daphne on my h/d is E:appsappsdaphne

so the first line should be e:appsappsdasphnempeg?

then another to the rom directory?

when i launch daphne and hit start it seems to be looking for spaceace roms..don't really understand why its doing that either.

If i get it working i'll post how i did.Don't expect that to happen though biggrin.gif

muhaha.gif

#5 torpedor

torpedor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 07:30 PM

Hi Guys,

I have the very same problem. I only have the dragon's lair rom and mpeg but when I launch daphneX I don't see any games listed in the menu screen. I hit start and the prog tries to load the space ace rom.

For kicks I got the Space Ace roms and framefile. I extracted the roms into the romsace folder. I put the framefile into the framefile folder and renamed it ace.txt. The first line of the framefile is .mpegace. Launched DaphneX, prog errored that the it couldn't find the .m2v files which I didn't have. So that meant that the path for the roms and mpeg's in the instructions were correct.

What strikes me weird that despite having the space ace roms in the correct path the game wasn't listed in the menu. Is this some sort of bug with DaphneX that the games aren't listed in the menu?

Anyhow I managed to get the mpeg for Space Ace and I'll let you guys know if storing the mpeg files in the .mpegace folder works. But even so, that doesn't fix the problem of Dragon's Lair or any game not listed in the menu screen.

Edited by torpedor, 11 June 2003 - 07:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users