2 replies to this topic

#1 Madwave

Madwave

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

I refer to the picture posted by RDC in FAQ,
That picture is really amazing.. cool job, really a materpiece.
It makes me can't wait to make my first wireless Arcade Stick.

With my poor soldering skill, luckily I make the things done...almost. The soldring point GU1 were lift up and than apart from the PCB.
So I flip over the PCB, found there's another solder point, But I mess it up when I try to uncover the copper part, the metal part is gone again.

I then follow jeremydammit's post to soldering at the spot locate in the upper right of the START contact.

After all, I found the GUIDE button isn't working. It has no response even I remove all of the other wire I soldered, I try to short the contact point directly... no response. The START button works fine, it initiate the system when I short the contact.

My idea is to found another GU1 solder point, but not sure if this is the right way to bring GUIDE button back.
It will be very much appreciate if someone could give an opinion.

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:42 PM

The reason that the Guide button doesn't work any more is because you've damaged the via spots before there, the signal doesn't get to those contacts anymore, so the actual button is no good anymore, and neither are those contacts, they're no good at all to even think of using for an alternative spot.

You have 2 Vias left to try and get this right, the only other option is so solder a wire to a leg of the IC or hit the trace, and if ya can't get either of these done right then just forget those methods completely.

Top of the board, under the Right Stick is one spot..

IPB Image

..and if ya bone that one up on the back side of the board is the last chance spot you'll get to try and do it right, after that all that's left is the IC leg or to hit the actual trace and I really doubt that's gonna happen for ya unless you get in a good bit more practice first. wink.gif

IPB Image

#3 Madwave

Madwave

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:27 PM

AWESOME,
THANK YOU RDC!

You're really a pro.
With your guiding picture, my GUIDE button's back!!!!!
I found the proper way to let the tin stick to the copper spot,
gain my skill a liitle.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users