6 replies to this topic

#1 nathanrazo

nathanrazo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:54 PM

i will keep reading, but quickly just wanted to ask this question. can i pull the firmware off of the 79fl drive without using a passkey and doing soldering and then spoof a samsung with the firmware off the hitachi?

#2 cypher21

cypher21

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE(nathanrazo @ Jan 11 2008, 11:30 PM) View Post

i will keep reading, but quickly just wanted to ask this question. can i pull the firmware off of the 79fl drive without using a passkey and doing soldering and then spoof a samsung with the firmware off the hitachi?

first READ then ask

the answer is NO, not at the moment, maybe in the future who knows

#3 nathanrazo

nathanrazo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:34 AM

yeah you're right, my apologies. been reading for a little bit and saw the answers to my question. i guess whats the point of spoofing a samsung drive if i have to install a passkey to the hitachi, i might as well flash the hitachi.

i just never did one of these drives before and am being a little lazy. i did pm some people to see what they charge. if anyone reads this and is in the socal area and wants to pm me about services they offer, please do so. thanks.

#4 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE(nathanrazo @ Jan 12 2008, 01:10 AM) View Post

yeah you're right, my apologies. been reading for a little bit and saw the answers to my question. i guess whats the point of spoofing a samsung drive if i have to install a passkey to the hitachi, i might as well flash the hitachi.

i just never did one of these drives before and am being a little lazy. i did pm some people to see what they charge. if anyone reads this and is in the socal area and wants to pm me about services they offer, please do so. thanks.

Some people install the passkey to get the firmware and spoof another drive so they wont have to deal with it in the future. Or their drive just goes bad and replace it with whatever drive they can find.

#5 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:09 AM

There was a very interesting section in textbooks new tutorial for 2008.... it was in the section for the 79, where you remove the flash chip....

The funny thing is he flashes the tssop with 78 firmware spoofed to 79..... by doing this the drive can then be be later upgraded as a 78 i.e. without a passkey etc.

He doesn't do this for the passkey tutorial, probably assuming that you would leave it there.....

I wonder if you could do the same with a passkey so you don't have to leave there coz it won't be needed the next time......

#6 rodier

rodier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:12 AM

I know it sounds really weird.. but I know one shop where they can flash 79fl without any modchip shit.

but they wont tell how smile.gif) and price is 100$ for that. its wisoft.sk you can try skype or email them..

#7 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE(rodier @ Jan 15 2008, 12:48 AM) View Post

I know it sounds really weird.. but I know one shop where they can flash 79fl without any modchip shit.

but they wont tell how smile.gif) and price is 100$ for that. its wisoft.sk you can try skype or email them..

Its called pulling the flash chip off the drive and using a programmer. It is not a secret.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users